Active Topics

Hello,

I've been to my local Compusa today and they have four in stock and on display. $399.00.

I have one on hold while I make my decision today.

J

J, what are you waiting for man, go for it! ;-)

I have the itch too.. BAD!

--J in DC

Why is it called "N800" iso 800. Does the N reffer to the N-series used fror Nokia's phones?

I just got my N800 and I am very impressed.

One thing I do like. It seems the screen is glass instead of a film ontop of glass. It seems its a lot less likely to be marked by use than the 770 was.

Very slick.

Yes, it does. The box too says "welcome to the Nokia Nseries"

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I hope the new device won't cost 499 € in Europe, when it's so much cheaper in the US. Hmm, will there be any problems with wifi or GPRS over cell-phone when using a US device in Europe?
C'mon, 499 € must be a joke, no?

Let's wait till tomorrow before getting heart beats up over other than the great new device! I am in the US so I am ok anyway though (unless CompUSA in addition to the first sale date also got the price wrong.. oh my.. now I made myself worried... ) I doubt that the price could be so different on the two continents. Also, I don't think there would be a problem buying one in the US and using in Europe, other than the minor annoyance of the power plug.

Ok I did it. It is beautiful. I’m a fairly new user so I’m somewhat overwhelmed but what I see so far I love. I had the 770 but found it to limited so I hoping in the long run this will be the one.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
What happened to the buttons on top? Are they just smaller or has the alternate view button been removed from the N800? Is it gone completely or is it merged somehow into the zoom buttons?

Can anyone that has an N800 in their hands post whether or not there is some form of headset functionality, either via BT or wired? Just something other than holding the unit against the side of your head?

Thanks!