Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by john_smith View Post
my dear johnkzin,

plz check out Nokia 5800 V/s Apple Iphone Comparison here.
Ah, the way you worded the previous comment, I thought you meant that customers were buying the 5800 over the iPhone, as opposed to someone gave a review which favored the 5800. There's a world of difference between the two.

As far as I can tell, looking out there at what people are buying, the iPhone is still much more favored than the 5800... even if the 5800 is a better phone.

Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
... even if the 5800 is a better phone.
Having played with Iphones and the 5800 at the flagship shop in London, and with a NAM 5800 in L.A last week, i'd have to agree. The 5800 is the better phone. Thats why i'm looking to get one. Unfortunately i can only afford one play toy, so i'm selling/trading my NIT in the FS section.

I got given a Samsung Tocco a few months ago as a free upgrade with my contract, but I've never really liked it (the friendliness of themes and applications with my old Nokia has spoilt me). How well does the 5800 stand up to the N800? As I understand, my bluetooth keyboard will work with the 5800, my beloved last.fm plays with an app on it, it has ssh and everything else, maybe I'd get it and do away with my phone AND tablet? What do you folks think?

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
The ssh client I've used on Symbian, PuTTY, is pretty ugly and featureless. If you're wanting to do something interesting like port forwarding for a poor-man's VPN, forget it. It doesn't support port forwarding. I pretty much consider the "ssh" checkbox to be unchecked when it comes to Symbian (or any platform that relies upon the mobile version of PuTTY for ssh).