Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Originally Posted by AaronL View Post
Nokia does state, at http://www.maemo.org//downloads/maem...atibility.html, that "there will be at the end of January new maemo 2.2 maintenance release...". So, maybe we will see a new image that has some of the updates from maemo 3.0 with this release. As far as I can tell, Nokia only has said that 3.0 is not supported on the 770. That is not the same thing as saying that the 770 will not be supported anymore. Perhaps Nokia is planning for the 2.x releases to be for the 770 while the 3.x releases will be for the N800.

AaronL
Yeah, that would make sense, but why not release both branches at the same time? I'm not getting my hopes up too much about it in the mean time, and I think I'll wait a little while before buying the N800 to see if Nokia is generous enough to offer solid.gold.code a discount code for us poor developers.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

My biggest beef with this developer program is I JUST got started working with my Nokia 770. I would be a new developer on the N800. How do I get the discount when I have not released anything yet??

Anyway, I hope they continue to update the 770. The 770 is still a great device and one thing....alot of work places will not let you take something with a camera on it due to security issues. The 770 can substitute for a N800 model that does not exist yet....one without a camera.