Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Actually there is not much orange... if you look where this color comes from.
Making the links (including the titles of the news) not-orange would make a big change. Worth trying?
The orange used in the header, graphics and backgrounds is appropriate and is well integrated, me thinks.
Yup, nice catch, Quim. I hadn't realized at first, but now you've mentioned it, what gives me the "orange visual overdose" impression is the links - specifically, the "plain-text" links inside the posts on the Planet maemo page for example.

As you said, the orange "decorations" are well done, even the news titles would be OK : it's the links that appear a lighter shade of orange (because the font is non-bold) that should be turned a lighter or darker shade of something else... I'm sure the pages would be a lot easier on the eyes.

There is no problem saying that it's beta, but why it has to in be logo? It's ugly.
Small notice in footer would suffice

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
i like it. thanks to all who worked on it.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Should bugs in the new design still be submitted against the "Newstyle" component, or is that component being vacated now that the new theme is live?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Few things I've noticed, 'scuse me if already discussed:
  • announcements on the front page - dead spot. Nothing draws the user attention on a quick glance. It should be more visible IMHO.
  • Username and Serch fields - text should be auto selected or disappear on focus like the password field.
  • The new style wiki main menu is broken, looks like a missing image/sprite (FF35b).
  • The gray elipsoid in the right menu can be divided to two elements to support the vertical resizing of the items (like when on two rows).

Keep up the good work.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Should bugs in the new design still be submitted against the "Newstyle" component, or is that component being vacated now that the new theme is live?
I'm sticking to Newstyle for the time being. I'll ask X-Fade, once his two hours of sleep time are up, where he wants them, though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Wow very nice. Fast, I like the overall visibility and the graphic choices.
A few clicks brought me to some usefull info.

Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Actually, it means a lot -- and many websites "in production" use it. It signifies that there are still issues and that minor bugs may still pop up. We are working towards removing the Beta signifier, but it is not that time yet. Give us a couple of weeks of testing and bug fixes (as well as time to style garage.maemo.org, wiki.maemo.org, etc.).

Thanks,
Tim
hehe. My site is newly launched and still technically in beta until the end of the month. But the only notice of it's beta state I made was in a little sidebar announcement.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
I hope that the beta tag is removed. It has no meaning for a website which is in "production"
tell that one to google ;-)

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Actually, all of the comments I make in this forum (or anywhere online for that matter) are pretty much Beta status.

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post: