Active Topics

Notices

I have a podcast that I listen to that is published about once a week. The podcast is supposed to be available via iTunes subscription, or manually saving the file direct from the blog, but it doesn't seem to have its own RSS feed (the podcast has RSS, but that links to every blog post, most of which are not podcasts). Here is a link to the most recent post with a podcast. I'm wondering if there is a way to automate this subscription in Canola like I can for the rest of the podcasts I have (i.e. use the built in podcasting tools that Canola has)?

So far I've been manually navigating to the page in MicroB and then saving in a music folder that Canola indexes (I noticed that if I tried to save it in the podcast folder Canola would never see it).

Thanks,
Dylan

P.S. Should I be doing something to get my post to say "[Canola]" in front?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that because of the way the site drops the content (in this case the podcast) into the feed, it won't parse it correctly because it's really a text feed rather than an a feed with an enclosure. I think the podcast needs it's own rss feed that only contains the enclosures (mp3's) in order for Canola to see that it is in fact a podcast feed. The author of the site simply is adding an rss entry that points to the mp3 rather than an actual podcast enclosure. Is it friday yet?? I think I've said the same thing three times above..
Hopefully I haven't made it harder..

Thanks. I figured it was something like this as far as the RSS goes, I asked when they started the content if they could provide a dedicated RSS feed for the podcast, in response they put it up on iTunes...but I'm pretty sure there is no way for us to use that either, correct?

The Following User Says Thank You to dylanemcgregor For This Useful Post:

Tags
canola, podcast