Notices

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
this test should prove it.

install old webkit. search "seinfeld". select videos playable on google setting, then setting for only vids less than four minutes. go down list of results on first page. all play when given 10 secs or so to load (all except "seinfeld speech", which is no longer available. and remember to double tap to play dailymotion videos.)

now install new webkit and run down the same list. you'll see a marked decline in performance w/ several vids refusing to play.

or am i crazy?

I got a question about Tear or MicroB - if you go to gifbin.com right now with either browser and let the browser load the whole page you get an annoying redirect to an iq test, not even adblocker stops it. Any fix for that?

Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
this test should prove it.

install old webkit. search "seinfeld". select videos playable on google setting, then setting for only vids less than four minutes. go down list of results on first page. all play when given 10 secs or so to load (all except "seinfeld speech", which is no longer available. and remember to double tap to play dailymotion videos.)

now install new webkit and run down the same list. you'll see a marked decline in performance w/ several vids refusing to play.

or am i crazy?
I have same experience. Some videos does not work at all, some works with huge delay. In Microb videos start playing immediately.

Also, I could not log in my account on woot today - webkit does not complain on wrong password but does not show my nickname on the screen either. Microb logged me in with no prob.

The Following User Says Thank You to godd For This Useful Post:
i'm loving Tear. It's fast, nice and stable. However I'm having a small problem with it. (I hope this isn't double post as I did try to search the forum for similiar problem but I didn't find any.)
I own N800 and I prefer to use its writing recognition for text input. I find it almost as fast as the thumb keyboard but without smudges on the screen.
Problem with writing recognintion appears when search terms are written in google. If there are more than one search term then the last term erases the first one. It works same on google search on the dashboard and It's really annoying.
On MicroB writing recognition works as it should and on Midori there's same problem as in Tear and on Digia@web writing recognition is complitely broken.
Does anyone have similiar problems with writing recognition on Tear?

Last edited by FunBob; 2009-05-16 at 09:30. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to FunBob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Can you file a bug at http://bugs.bundyo.org/

Originally Posted by tso View Post
i found myself testing my bluetooth keyboard with tear today, and i have a hard time getting return to register...
I find enter ok, backspace seems to be my problem. I hit it, and nothing happens, but when I press the back arrow on the tablet, it takes me back loads of pages, finally registering the backspace presses. It's no big issue, I'm sure there are much more important things to fix on it right now.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Is there any way to make tear ignore the current theme? Im trying to user the lcars modern theme (the light bluish one) and the only problem is, in tear, all the text input boxes are black...as well as the text being black still. This doesnt happen in microb, all entry fields are still white with black text. The developer said it must be something with tear that causes it. Any ideas?

Yes, you can't for now.

Is there a way to use own .css file with Tear?

Add the contents to /home/user/.tear/userstyles.css

Tags
browserd fix, microb killer, webkit