Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
That'd add the BlueTooth support, yes. No GPS, no packet radio (WWAN), no GSM/SMS, no vibration, no microphone. Maybe with hacky 3rd party hardware and jailbreaks some of this can be provided.

My point is that it isn't as simple as 1 difference. And that difference isn't modular. There is not 1 difference between N800 and N810 either; each has their strong sides and userbase.
Yes, but there is only 1 difference between the N810 and N810W! So Nokia has and can make a phone N900 and a tablet N900. Oh SNAP! And there is microphone via 3.5mm on the touch.

Not that the N810W was any good....

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
I am a long time mobile phone junkie and used to buy a new $400 mobile phone every 3 months or so
I still use my Motorola razr ......
Nokia likes you !

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
On a side note, seen that quake3 video on pandora? ooooooh!
Quake3 engine looks like it runs really well on OMAP3/pandora. And there are tons of maps and source ports for it too. Pretty amazing it does all the lighting effects and manages to run a few bots and still keeps up speed.

Maybe nokia will release a connector cable to run two rovers in SLI mode for 960x800.

The Following User Says Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
Quake3 engine looks like it runs really well on OMAP3/pandora. And there are tons of maps and source ports for it too. Pretty amazing it does all the lighting effects and manages to run a few bots and still keeps up speed.

Maybe nokia will release a connector cable to run two rovers in SLI mode for 960x800.
I would hope we can get some network support on both ends, so I can play you from my pandora
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by nhanquy View Post
I still use my Motorola razr ......
Nokia likes you !
haha, I still have a 3 year old razr too
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
I would hope we can get some network support on both ends, so I can play you from my pandora
Lets port only the server to rover! Then we can both connect to it from a pandora to free up cpu cycles for rendering

Well i hope nokia releases a tablet but pandora looks like good homebrew device and i want a testbed to stress the hardware... not cram the hardware to support a form factor. Once the harware limits are found, then it might be nice to cram that into a (more) portable form factor.

Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
Lets port only the server to rover! Then we can both connect to it from a pandora to free up cpu cycles for rendering

Well i hope nokia releases a tablet but pandora looks like good homebrew device and i want a testbed to stress the hardware... not cram the hardware to support a form factor. Once the harware limits are found, then it might be nice to cram that into a (more) portable form factor.
Well, it looks like I can still get it in my pocket, and now I don't have to carry around a usb joystick

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
The faster OMAP3 hardware should allow for emulator games! I know the N8x0 can kinda do them now, but they are not without their issues!

I wonder if it can do PSX and N64 given the 3D acceleration....

YARR!
}:^)~
Capt'n the hedgehog

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
As long as it (Pandora or Rover) doesn't play Crysis... it is useless to me as gaming machine...

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I can't understand how can they refuse to take texrat (feh!).
If I were one of those recruiters, I'd recognize the talent :-)
Thanks, but the interview was kinda iffy. I am too out of practice with some tech. : / On the other hand I had a pre-interview test with another company today that seemed to go well, and yet another company called to set up an interview for Monday.

But I am suddenly wishing I'd never dropped that non sequiter into this mix... although maybe an occasional distraction is useful?

Tags
disapointed by nokia, dpad, maemo phone, my tablet is crying, n900, nokia gets it wrong, openmoko, rover, rx-51, rx-71 needed, screen size, smartphone, t-mobile