Active Topics

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Austria
Also my alarm plays no sound. This N810 is really a piece of junk, essentially nothing works.

Alarms work for me. I don't know how anyone sleeps through Tone 1

The Following User Says Thank You to sondjata For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by petersteier View Post
Also my alarm plays no sound. This N810 is really a piece of junk, essentially nothing works.
Essentially that's a spurious comment.

It's infuriating, challenging, rewarding, amazingly so when you get things to work. And I've found, in my limited experiences, that it can take several different tries to get that working. If something doesn't work for you, try standing on your head and drinking a glass of water and perhaps it'll work. Then repeat with different parameters until you're comfortable.

The built in alarm works for me with an mp3. It's loud too. Flipclock, which is a great addition to my n810, didn't play sounds, but I still use as travel clock.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Some apps do manage to interfere with alarmd's sound, so I can't really rely on it, never pinpointed the exact apps that mute it, but it does happen from time to time. Another reason the built-in alarm is a no-go for me is that there seems to be no per-day (dis)abling of daily alarms. Which would lead to a hundred alarms as would have to define the alarms for each day separately.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
My N810 wakes me every morning with an MP3 appropriate to the purpose. I leave the Dali clock running so I can tap the N810 to read the time at night.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Fragos, what is the Dali clock?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by petersteier View Post
Apparently most stuff works for most people.
If you are interested in getting some help you should describe your problems more verbosely.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by smarsh View Post
Flipclock, which is a great addition to my n810, didn't play sounds, but I still use as travel clock.
Slightly off topic, but as the main developer of Flipclock, just got to jump in and say can you please post over in the flipclock thread about this? That way I can try and help fix it for you! The main problem is usually that the sound file you're using is too short; Flip's current "fade sound in" approach fades volume per-song rather than overall, which means short audio files (less than 30 seconds or so) are never really audible; it'll be fixed in future versions, but in the mean time the easy work around is to just use a longer sound file or a pre-looped audio clip.

For anyone else who's having difficulties/wants more out of their tablet as an alarm clock, Flipclock gives you the ability to do different alarms per day (i.e. one alarm on Monday, different one tuesday, etc)... and disable/enable them easily without having to delete/recreate them. Also, it uses alarmD so has the ability to auto launch, auto-start tablet, etc. Anyways, if you haven't checked it out it's up in extras... designed specifically to solve the problems/short comings of the internal clock app

The Following User Says Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
Joluis, i like very much your Flipclock, thanks for your work.

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Which would lead to a hundred alarms as would have to define the alarms for each day separately.
I never noticed my calendar indicating more than 7 days. Who knew!