I am setting up an FTP connection between a Windows FTP server (of my own creation) and a python program that is the client. What happens is that I want to get a file from the PC using RETR and if it takes a while to get the file ready, the server seems to send the file, but the Nokia does not appear to be listening anymore for the file. This only occurs if the RETR waits for an extended period of time (> 10 minutes maybe?). The python program is not returning from the RETR, so I don't think it is timing out. Might my WIFI connection be going to sleep? I have the idle time set to 1 hour, so I wouldn't think that is the problem. Anyone with experience on this?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by dzon@shaw.ca View Post
...if it takes a while to get the file ready, the server seems to send the file, but the Nokia does not appear to be listening anymore for the file. This only occurs if the RETR waits for an extended period of time (> 10 minutes maybe?).
This sounds similar to bug 2979, but by all accounts, that bug was fixed in Diablo. Is your tablet running 5.2008.43-7?

Does keeping ping running keep the problem from occurring? (This isn't meant as a suggested solution, but as a troubleshooting step.)