Active Topics

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Honolulu, HI
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
For anyone with Q7 who dares alpha test this, I have just made a image with a Q7 uboot, and a Q7 kernel.

http://www.daimi.au.dk/~cvm/mer-0.14testing2.SmartQ7
I'm willing to try this on my new Q7. Rename the file to SmartQ7? Do what to force flash? Hold down Menu + insert charger? Is wireless driver onboard?

m a r

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
I'm willing to try this on my new Q7. Rename the file to SmartQ7? Do what to force flash? Hold down Menu + insert charger? Is wireless driver onboard?

m a r
Hold down "+" and insert charger (i think), - i don't have a Q7 so.

No about the wireless driver. You'd want to save yourself some time and wait until I've made testing5 images tomorrow - they got delayed today. It will have USB networking fixed for starters..
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Okay, I'll wait until tomorrow.

And I'll double-check on the flash method. Rename to SmartQ7 is correct, though?

Any idea if the wireless chip for the Q7 is the same as Q5 -- same Marvell drivers?

Thanks,

m a r

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
And I'll double-check on the flash method. Rename to SmartQ7 is correct, though?

Any idea if the wireless chip for the Q7 is the same as Q5 -- same Marvell drivers?
Yes to rename - kekegg's wifi didn't work yet though. It -should- be same marvell firmware.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Hold down "+" and insert charger (i think), - i don't have a Q7 so.

On Saturday, I downloaded the testing2 image to a partitioned SD card. I placed it into the slot in the Q7 and it showed up as something like "disk-1" and "disk" on the desktop.

When I held down the + key and inserted the charger, the system slowed down but didn't boot up Mer. [Of course, the Q7 being slow at tasks is a common occurrence.]

Would those with a Q7 running Mer be willing to give very explicit steps as to how to get Mer running once testing5 is available?

For example, what state (on/off/reset/?) does the Q7 need to be in when holding down the + key and inserting the charger?

What kind of partitions should be on the SD card (FAT32/Other)?

Which partition should hold the image?

Should the partition have a particular name?

Basically, the instructions should assume the user (like me) knows nothing about getting Mer to run on the Q7.

Thanks in advance.

Okay, I'll wait until tomorrow.

Thanks,

m a r
Same wireless drivers - on the name - you should name it SmartQ7.

To start flashing - hold down "select (under +-) and plug in charger (now you should have a yellow light not a orange dot) soon you will have information in chinese and when it starts you have the status bar...

good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to bezeen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by celtica96 View Post

On Saturday, I downloaded the testing2 image to a partitioned SD card. I placed it into the slot in the Q7 and it showed up as something like "disk-1" and "disk" on the desktop.

When I held down the + key and inserted the charger, the system slowed down but didn't boot up Mer. [Of course, the Q7 being slow at tasks is a common occurrence.]

Would those with a Q7 running Mer be willing to give very explicit steps as to how to get Mer running once testing5 is available?

For example, what state (on/off/reset/?) does the Q7 need to be in when holding down the + key and inserting the charger?

What kind of partitions should be on the SD card (FAT32/Other)?

Which partition should hold the image?

Should the partition have a particular name?

Basically, the instructions should assume the user (like me) knows nothing about getting Mer to run on the Q7.

Thanks in advance.
SDcard should be fat32 and just put the firmware "SmartQ7" on the card("in root"=not in a mapp). i dont think it matter on with partition but put in the first or both

(Device off) hold down "select(menu key)" on the front of the device under the "+-" keys and insert the charger (or press "power on" key)

Last edited by bezeen; 2009-06-08 at 17:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to bezeen For This Useful Post:
There must be a slight misunderstanding here. To upgrade the SmartQ you need to have the button pressed while turning the device on. Turning it on either by pressing the power button or plugging in the charger while it is off. Plugging the charger while it is on will have no effect (except for starting to charge, of course).

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Borked my xorg.conf (trying to get screen to rotate.)

Stock OS, freezes after splash screen. Anyone know how to force a boot to console, or kill the splash?

m a r

Hi,
could some one do me a massive favor and either post or email me the guide for getting android on the smartq 5, with download links, ive had a look on that other site and even with google translator i cant seem to follow the guide/even find the image to download.
much appreciated thanks

suzuki.hayabusa (at) gmail.com

Tags
parting of the red sea