Active Topics

Notices

I'm releasing minigspd-0.31g1 which should be in extras now.

(I've also added the files as an attachment to this message)

Updates:

gpsreplay (command line). Requires unzip to be installed but it is NOT a dependency. "gpsreplay [-f speed] *.kmz" will read the kmz file (or the unzipped kml if you do *.kml) and pretend to be minigpsd. The timing is still a bit off (there should be an update shortly). It also updates ALL the structures like the OBD and V1 radar detector along with the GPS data.

The next update to gpsreplay will have PLL code which processes the data at the same interval as they were recorded. The speedup skips entire seconds, e.g. "-f 60" will output a single second from each minute. Remember that you can watch Google Earth update using x.kml (or x-1500-60.kml - it must end in "kml" for 1500 feet, 60 degree lookat).

the minigpsd default web page displays the status with a LINK to both the google maps page and one to a weather radar map (us only).

In the source, there is a patch against maemo-mapper 2.6.2 that adds direct minigpsd support. A 10Hz GPS (or gpsreplay in fast forward) will overload the GPS read thread in the current maemo-mapper. In addition, it allows the minigpsd KMZ files (not any generic KMZ!) to be read in as routes or tracks. This can take several seconds.

There is also a 6dof bluetooth controller system for the SparkFun module (the one previous - the v3): http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=8454

I'm also working on the dashboards and there are some improvements there already.

Support will be moved to this thread so don't post in the earlier ones.
Attached Files
File Type: deb minigpsd_0.31g1_armel.deb (61.8 KB, 236 views)
File Type: gz minigpsd_0.31g1.tar.gz (90.8 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by tz1; 2009-06-15 at 04:00. Reason: attach files

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tz1 For This Useful Post:
Where exactly is the minigpsd default webpage? Pretty new to all this and have been looking for some sort of documentation on minigpsd and what features it has, etc.

How does dashboard work. I try clicking it but nothing happens. nothing comes up. nada

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
How does dashboard work. I try clicking it but nothing happens. nothing comes up. nada
Hey tz1:

I'm having this problem, too. However, I dig this project and want to help out.

I was taking a look at the source code and your use of Python and plain old C is exactly the same approach I would take. I have been writing stuff for myself using BoaConstructor for years. I've also written stuff for the old OnHand watch computer in C. I have yet to combine the two in a single program but the approach has obvious advantages so I'd like to learn how.

If you would like some help, can you tell me about your development environment? I'd like to match yours on my side.

I can also offer a web page on my site and I'd like to help with documentation.

Oh, my motivation:
I'm an avid motorcyclist, too. I have an '07 Yamaha R1 that I take to the racetrack for trackdays. I've been using a standalone GPS logger (GT-31) to help me improve my riding but the refresh rate is too slow and the position accuracy too poor to be as helpful as it could be. I bought the N810 and a G-Rays-I to improve the refresh rate to 10Hz and position accuracy to 2.6 m right out of the can. Just a few tweaks and additional configuation options turns miniGPSD into exactly what I'm looking for.

Your development direction into OBD, maps and especially the kinematics stuff would turn the N810 into a full fledged data acquisition system and that would be really great. If I can help, I'd be pleased to.

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Application package missing: python2.5-gnome

N900, i cant istall this package, i cant find it via apt too. :-(

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Similar installation problem here. Plus bluez-utils-test missing in addition to python2.5-gnome.

Any solution?

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Does minigpsd offer the network mode of gpsd -- listening on port 2947? This would be useful so that I could use the gps signal of the N900 to act as a GPS for my laptop.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Same problem for me:

[1|root@Nokia-N900|~]apt-get install minigpsd
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
minigpsd: Depends: python2.5-gnome but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

Any solution?

I downloaded minigpsd_0.31h_armel.deb from http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...ee/m/minigpsd/ to the N900, then as root: dpkg -i minigpsd_0.31h_armel.deb

It complains about bluez-utils-test and python2.5-gnome not installed, "leaving unconfigured".

Ignoring that, I learned the binaries are nevertheless there: minigpsd, miniobd2d and miniv1d

I have yet to try whether it works with gps and my OBD device.

Is anyone working on fixing those mentioned dependency problems with minigpsd which still are there?

Tags
gpsd minigpsd