Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
Now I am coding a new version for Fremantle. This version will be have very revolutionary design of application. Especially for new device.

Vlad.
Excellent, Vasvlad, we appreciate your contributions!

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Excellent, Vasvlad, we appreciate your contributions!
I second that! Vasvlad you rock! Your speedy attention to fixing this issue was nothing short of amazing and you are to congradulated...

I look foward to using any new app you develope.

Thank you again for taking time out of your day to help those of us who have to rely on others to do the coding.

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
The database aspect of this app is still messed up. I have 5 states that I monitor for weather, one of which is the state I live in, New Mexico. Wouldn't you know that the one state that doesn't work is New Mexico. The database show no cities for the state of New Mexico. For the longest time, most folks in the U.S. didn't realize that New Mexico was actually a state of the union... seems this is still going on!

...go figure

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
That's already "built in" to MaemoMapper: You just install proj (or what was the name?) and then add new weather overlay map repository... The radar map may not be as detailed as the one at Weather.com, but anyway...

Details of how to do that can be found from some thread here... too lazy now to search.
I know MM can do that. But that would not be as convenient as a little radar map of one's state/town/whatever with little color coding for rain/snow/whatever. It's the whole "at a glance" thing.

Uhm, I think I spotted a bug in the new version: the current weather icon changes status to "not available" after a while and while the tablet is offline.
I'm not sure it's a real bug, though, because now that the tablet is online the current weather shows correctly...

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Flint MI
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
I hope I will make it tomorrow.

Sorry for delay. I am very busy.

Vlad.
Thank you for all of your hard work. I appreciate the update and I know how it goes when you code in your spare time. Take your time, I can wait. I went a long time before I loaded OMWeather. But now I have gotten used to checking my little icons before I go out. I can easily wait a few days for such an excellent and free program.

Santa Matt

Originally Posted by JustNick View Post
Uhm, I think I spotted a bug in the new version: the current weather icon changes status to "not available" after a while and while the tablet is offline.
I'm not sure it's a real bug, though, because now that the tablet is online the current weather shows correctly...
That might be your settings. It doesn't do that on mine.

Check your settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to ishida336 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by JustNick View Post
I'm not sure that is a bug? In the settings there is setting where you set the time how long current weather is valid. After the "timeout" period the current weather becomes outdated, thus show as N/A. (Or that's what I think...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 109 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ NYC, NY
Originally Posted by omegaone37 View Post
The database aspect of this app is still messed up.

Wouldn't you know that the one state that doesn't work is New Mexico. The database show no cities for the state of New Mexico.
Tokyo appears to be missing as well (Yokohama works, though). I checked with some friends, they report that the city is still there, and doing well ....

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by omegaone37 View Post
The database aspect of this app is still messed up. I have 5 states that I monitor for weather, one of which is the state I live in, New Mexico. Wouldn't you know that the one state that doesn't work is New Mexico. The database show no cities for the state of New Mexico. For the longest time, most folks in the U.S. didn't realize that New Mexico was actually a state of the union... seems this is still going on!

...go figure
I understand you.
I am going to investigate your problem with New Mexico on weekend.

Vlad.