Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
So, I was looking at some software games for the N810 and I was thinking to myself, "Man, I wish java was a part of the system so we could have some indie games on here..." I know that Java was planned but never went through. Seeing as the N900 is coming and our tablets will become a bit more "open" to us, is there even a slight chance of seeing any kind of Java (aside from Jalimo which is not exactly end-user friendly) on our devices, most notably in Mer?

Seeing as Mer is our future for our devices, is it a possibility? No sugar coating. I'm not someone looking to hear, "Oh, well, it's possible, but...etc, etc." or "Well, from a developer view point, you can *yada yada* with Jalimo, etc, etc." I may be new to the device, but I'm not stupid. Give it to me as cut & dry as you can tell me. If there is a possibility, then say "Yeah", if not, just say "Nope!" and that'll be the end of that.

If it's possible, I'm looking forward to it since a game creation program for Windows from Clickteam can output games in Java for easy portability which can present "non-programmers" a chance to bring games into the device market and also some programs that would be "Linux-friendly".

Thanks for your time in reading this!

Jesse~

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=28991

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
So it is possible. Thanks for that Bundyo!