Notices

Livecast.com Has a very nice n810 n800 and Wimax Ver of there software it works good it streams your webcam from the n810 and also logs and shows you on a map via GPS .. Very cool to play with .

Just setup a new free account then go to downloads and pick tablets and the client is under there ..

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to computerfreek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
VERY COOL!

Signed up.. look for livecasting from the Southern Oregon Coast soon...

So, actually since these NITs will accept usb devices, does this mean I can connect a different camera and use it instead?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by coosbaytv View Post
...does this mean I can connect a different camera and use it instead?
You would not only need a camera with Linux drivers, but those Linux drivers would need to be compiled specifically for the tablets. Additionally, the Livecast software may not expect to find alternate camera inputs on the tablets and therefore may not provide any means of selecting a camera other than the built-in one.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
alright, pretty much a daytime outdoor activity then since the low light on these cams suck!

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Just signed up. This looks very fun.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
SUPER easy to setup.
Streaming now...poor quality (low light)..

(The quicktime tab worked best for me).
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-08-22 at 05:00.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Cool, there is like some lag, GPS ain't perfect, and I can't find the archived videos, but cool!

What is the trial period, does it end or what?

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Cool, there is like some lag, and I can't find the archived videos, but cool!

What is the trial period, does it end or what?
I think it's a cap of that you can stream/view X GB/month for the trial.
Like about 2hours I think, not sure.

Great fun.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
As long as it does not time out after some time, its cool. Looks like a good tool to keep in touch with the family when I go to college. I saw that 2GB bandwidth and something or another.

silvermountain, we live pretty close. I'm from Fremont.

Has anyone gotten GPS to work. Could not find any info on the Google.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.