Notices

Hmm I don't think it does audio from what I saw from your feed silvermountain and when I tried it myself.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
You can do it manually too: gconftool -t bool /system/osso/af/camera-has-turned -s true

But bear in mind that I only tried it with the Internet Call app, and not this livecast program. But, hey, if it works on a N810...
It also works with the Internet Call app on N800 but not the Livecast program... Oh well, thanks for the suggestion though.

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Hmm I don't think it does audio from what I saw from your feed silvermountain and when I tried it myself.
it seems to default to muted audio...

at least the setup tab seemed to have "mute audio" set when i first checked...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
It does audio, but is disabled by default. I got audio to work. Where are the video archives. I want to delete the test vids i made so I can free up some space (and use it for something like lectures).

Edit: (I see tso beat me to the punch)

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
It does do audio quite well... in fact it could be used as a covert listening device.

http://www.livecast.com/ArcAsx.aspx?pt=wm&id=683100

It sucks down the battery pretty dang quick from what I've seen so far using an N800.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hmm, one can not flip the camera and then flip the device as well to get the image right?

Originally Posted by tso View Post
hmm, one can not flip the camera and then flip the device as well to get the image right?
As you can see flipping the device does indeed get the image right in the video. The image on the display (view finder in this case) is still inverted. Sort of like the view finder on one of them old tyme East German box cameras. Ok for stills but a huge PITA with motion pictures.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
It does do audio quite well... in fact it could be used as a covert listening device.

http://www.livecast.com/ArcAsx.aspx?pt=wm&id=683100

It sucks down the battery pretty dang quick from what I've seen so far using an N800.
Welcome to the world of the N810. Any cell phone could be a covert listening device...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Welcome to the world of the N810. Any cell phone could be a covert listening device...
No kidding?

This app makes it incredibly easy to fire it up, minimize it, conveniently "forget" your tablet, log in to your private web page when you get home, and hear what the neighbors really think about you in near real time.

You could pro'ly come up with a few good Twilight Zone moment practical jokes with a little imagination.

BTW, thanks for the welcome". I was wondering when someone would finally get around to it.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
Uses too much CPU, just like Gizmo does. Yet the built in app uses hardly any when video conferencing.