Notices

Ok, so I installed ABIWORD.

I seem to have about 20 "shortcuts" for it, how in the heck do I get rid of all of them!?

Read this thread starting around page 6.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...abiword&page=6

The Following User Says Thank You to urnass For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
So, there seems to be a conflict as to the proper syntax used to get rid of this bug on the other thread. Anyone have a definite solution as I don't want to loose the rest of my icons in Extras as well?

Also, while on this subject; I noticed frequent updates for Abiword and the average size is 4MB. When this updates, does it overwrite an existing file or add to what is there and create less room to run apps?

Thanks!

Yes, I want to know the real fix as well. I tried the method linked above and lost all my icons.

If you followed the fix posted by debernardis, then pehaps the same thing happened to you as to me. My menus were empty of items. If this is what you mean, then you could try the following in terminal (you may have to sudo, I don't recall):

cp /etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu /home/user/.osso/menus/applications.menu

This seems to rebuild the menu, but most items ended up the extras menu for me, so you may have to go into the control panel to recategorize. The other strange thing is that a bunch of the preloaded games disappeared. Since I didn't play them it was no great loss.

However, it looks like a bunch of folks are having the same abiword menu propagation problem.