Notices

Are you using the dpkg command after using the cd command to get to the directory that the deb is in?

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by HowHH View Post
Are you using the dpkg command after using the cd command to get to the directory that the deb is in?
From post #1047:

"I'd love to try the applet lock but when installing the first deb in the link I'm getting: "Unable to install Hildon -desktop. Incompatible Application package"."
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Downloaded, installed (no dependencies) ... seems a alpha.
Opened partially a .doc and a .xls, but large portions lacked.
No "new file" menu.
Not usable by now.
No woojoy then?

BTW, thanks for the effort.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Been coding, and I've extended Rafi Rubin's patch ,which lets you lock desktop applets, to actually save the locked state for the next time the tablet is started. Also contains Walter Guerra's patch for letting the user use the applications button from x11vnc.
Debs (and source!) are in: http://qwerty12.qole.org/hildon-desktop/

I've installed on an N800, and on an N810, without problems but YMMV. All I can say is that ensure that you have openssh, the tablet set to connect to a wifi network automatically, and know how to set "no-lifeguard-reset".
Thanks for this useful patch.

However - a couple of us have tried to install it and get the Application Manager error "incompatible application package".

I see elsewhere that installing in red pill mode can sometimes get around this. Is this safe?

And what is no-lifeguard-reset?

Since this is getting off topic for this thread, perhaps replies could be posted in this thread instead. Thanks for any help.

Oy, if the desktop lock patch is going to be that much trouble to install, I'll pass on it for now. Was kinda hoping it was going to be point, click, install.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i guess that will only happen ones nokia gives the green light that the community can provide packages for core diablo parts...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by bilofsky View Post
Thanks for this useful patch.

However - a couple of us have tried to install it and get the Application Manager error "incompatible application package".

I see elsewhere that installing in red pill mode can sometimes get around this. Is this safe?

And what is no-lifeguard-reset?

Since this is getting off topic for this thread, perhaps replies could be posted in this thread instead. Thanks for any help.
You kind of answered your own question there...

Red pill mode, and one of the reasons it is not encouraged to use, disables the "lifeguard". If you mung something up, there is no easy do over and you could be left with an interesting paper weight for awhile...

I have installed these debs on an N800 and N810 in the past by enabling "Red Pill". I immediately re-enable "Blue Pill" when I was finished. I have experienced no ill effects.

Tonight I did the same with qwerty's most welcomed enhancement, updated, rebooted, and was good to go.

Hopefuly this will put the topic to bed and this thread can move on.

(I was kinda looking for a little woojoy tonight )

Last edited by YoDude; 2009-07-22 at 00:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Red pill mode, and one of the reasons it is not encouraged to use, disables the "lifeguard". If you mung something up, there is no easy do over and you could be left with an interesting paper weight for awhile...
that red pill disabled lifeguard, and kept it disabled, was news to me.

indeed that explains why its not encouraged...

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Here's my N800 desktop...

Original is here

Last edited by gazza_d; 2009-07-24 at 20:54. Reason: Links amended again

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Here's my N800 desktop...

Linky no worky.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:

Tags
bora, chinook, desktop, diablo, insane emulation, maemo, maemo 2, maemo 3, maemo 4, picture, pictures, screens getting shot, screenshots