Notices

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ok, I fixed the 12 hour clock and number-change-flicker problems...

If I get enough interest, I'll make this into a little .deb file that will switch the graphics for you. Then if you want to go back to the original skin, you just uninstall the deb.

EDIT: Oh, this exposes another problem! It looks WEIRD that a tube just "disappears" for hours with no "tens" column.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Looks good - thanks.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
If you are using the 12 hour clock, I use an awful nixie tube letter P in the tens column to punish you. This probably looks even weirder at around 10pm. Anyone got an actually good idea?
Depends on how compulsive you want to be. (I guess the answer for all of us is "pretty much".)

My suggestion would be to let am and pm look the same. Y'know, a lot of us used to use analog clocks (and some still do - sshhhh!). We just had to remember whether it was mid-morning or bedtime. And we could generally figure it out. And come to think of it, that was back in the era when nixie tubes were state of the art. So I think that is really the appropriate solution.

EDIT - Looks like you have that one licked, so never mind me.

Last edited by bilofsky; 2009-07-24 at 00:12.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Italy
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Ok, I fixed the 12 hour clock and number-change-flicker problems...
EDIT: Oh, this exposes another problem! It looks WEIRD that a tube just "disappears" for hours with no "tens" column.
glad you sorted out all the problems: I always feel sorta guilty when someone have issues on something I worked on before...

for the disappearing tube a solution could be to just draw a switched off tube on the background (fondo.png).
The original plan for the nixies was to put some weird background and make the tube glass tranparencies do the tricks or replicate the user OS wallpaper to let people personalize the clock (ala window mode)

I can't do it. No one can help.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Flip Alarm Clock - 3DMania Theme - Synesthesia - Deluxepain
http://ciroip.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/ciroippolito

The Following User Says Thank You to ciroip For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bilofsky View Post
Depends on how compulsive you want to be. (I guess the answer for all of us is "pretty much".)
lol, who are you calling compulsive??

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
If you want to develop a complete background/different clock layout/etc for the Nixie's then post up all of your image files I can roll it into the latest SVN that has kind of a "themable" structure to it; then a user can access the Nixies by pressing "Day/Night/Nixie" button, just like we do with day/night mode right now; the way I've got the SVN version setup that would be very easy to do...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
I can roll it into the latest SVN that has kind of a "themable" structure to it; then a user can access the Nixies by pressing "Day/Night/Nixie" button, just like we do with day/night mode right now;
lol, qole just created a new theme scene! Ill see to create a png template or something similar and maybe a python parser to split the pics since I have been so dumb to not use a single 'graphic.png' file.
I think Ill begin to think about make skinnable from the beginning my next apps

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Having a weeeird 'bug'.

It's Saturday evening right now (11:12pm). The date and time is shown accurately on flipclock.

I try to set an alarm for Sunday at 8am and it absolutely refuses to acknowledge it...but if I set an alarm for Monday at 8am it takes it fine and the 'countdown' is just as if it had been on Sunday. Weird.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

My N810 seems to have permanent insomnia.

I turned insomniac mode off in Flip Clock, and even uninstalled it. Still no sleep, and runs the battery down in about 8 hours.

Is it possible that this has something to do with Flip Clock? It started after I used Flip Clock to keep the N810 awake for a battery test.

My N810 seems to have permanent insomnia.
OK, here is how to cause the problem.

Put Flip Clock into insomniac mode. Kill the program by pressing the upper button to the left of the screen and tap the X. Now the N810 is stuck in insomniac mode.

To get out of this, bring up the Display settings and restore the Switch off display setting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilofsky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
OK, here is how to cause the problem.

Put Flip Clock into insomniac mode. Kill the program by pressing the upper button to the left of the screen and tap the X. Now the N810 is stuck in insomniac mode.

To get out of this, bring up the Display settings and restore the Switch off display setting.
This is an issue because of the way that you killed the app by hitting the X in the top corner instead of using the "exit" button on the flipclock interface. Unfortuantely python doesn't have any way to run code when app is closed through the "X", so flip doesn't get a chance to restore your display settings. If you use the normal exit button this will not happen and all will be good. Sorry for the confusion; future versions of the app hopefully will not have this problem as we're trying to move away from python and it's limitations...

BTW just as an update I did make a new version of the clock that has the Nixie screen built in as well, but the extras-assistant keeps failing to accept my file (not sure if it's just being stupid or what), but if anyone's interested let me know and I'll post up the source tarball on the garage page for you.

Tags
clock, flip clock