Active Topics

Originally Posted by linuxeventually View Post
based on the images released and the general separation that Nokia has made, I think it's apparent that as a whole they don't care about the community. They are just looking to move units /=
I agree, judging by the images and specs it's just not the same class of device anymore.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
... Freemantle (and Harmatten).
I should have seen that one coming, I suppose. That tricksy letter "e" is taking over. "Dee-ablo", anyone?

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
I should have seen that one coming, I suppose. That tricksy letter "e" is taking over. "Dee-ablo", anyone?
Harmatteen?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by wert613 View Post
Harmatteen?
Nah, too awkward and pimply.

Adding the extra "e" for "Freemantle" was fairly straight forward. Too easy, really. Working that rogue "e" into "Harmattan", a name that has none? That's going the extra mile.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Nah, too awkward and pimply.

Adding the extra "e" for "Freemantle" was fairly straight forward. Too easy, really. Working that rogue "e" into "Harmattan", a name that has none? That's going the extra mile.
And what an excrutiating mile it was.

ROFL!

Okay, make fun of the Hooked on Phonics kid, right? I just "sounded it out in my head", ok? q=

If I looked up the spelling every time, I would take forever to write out these excessively-lengthy posts. Oh and I should point out that spell check didn't have a problem with it. Of course this particular on-board dictionary is easily fooled...

"Fremantle" and "harmattan" (copy and paste)

I'd also like to point out that....SilverMountain started it (; , look at the thread entitled "Is Freemantle dead before it's out of the gates?"

I kid.

Also I'd like to point out that it's about a quarter to 8am in my timezone and I haven't slept.

And and Gordon Freeman. So there. You can't argue with Half-Life 2.

Last edited by linuxeventually; 2009-08-09 at 14:40.

Okay, make fun of the Hooked on Phonics kid, right?
Hooked on phonics? Oh darn it's found me!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
These polls are inaccurate and generally a waste of time. Sorry, it's just the truth. Plus the forums go through periods of staleness. And as far as Maemo 5/Freemantle goes, based on the images released and the general separation that Nokia has made, I think it's apparent that as a whole they don't care about the community. They are just looking to move units /=

But hey, I welcome being wrong.
You say the polls are inaccurate and wasteful, and then claim Nokia doesn't care about this community based on images of a product and some sort of undefined "separation"? A little inconsistent in reasoning.

Of course Nokia is looking to move units-- but plenty of people in the company care a great deal about this community and its health. Many post here on a regular basis.

Separate thoughts.

My point was simply that the unless every active member replies I don't see the statistical relevance.

If everyone does reply (including lurkers and guests) then, once again, it's my foot wedged in my mouth (see the emoticon for a visual).

I personally find this to be a guide gauge of who is on:
http://s2.lookpic.com/i/26/EoNBUMCN.png
----------------------------------

On the Nokia thought/rant. I'm not brand loyal. I like my N810. I wish it had a faster processor. That is all.

But maybe I should just shut up. If that makes you all happy.

Doesn't make us ALL happy...