Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Contacted the seller, I was ready to buy it out...
Do keep in mind that even this seller isn't scamming, and you somehow do get a legitimate, working RX-51 prototype device from him/her, the device may cause you trouble down the line. The prototypes of previous tablets have rejected publicly released firmware images. SSUs will probably install fine, but should you ever need to reflash, doing so may be difficult or impossible.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-08-09 at 18:04.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Perhaps Ysss is a stooge. Oooh...

Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
if Nokia were determined to keep it secret, they might get a stooge to buy these units and to determine who the seller is and how they got hold of them - the route to market might not have been wholly legitimate.
AFAIK the IMEI code of the device was visible. I am pretty sure Nokia keeps quite good track of their protos with the IMEI codes. Shouldn't be too hard to track this person down...

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Do keep in mind that even this seller isn't scamming, and you somehow do get a legitimate, working RX-51 prototype device from him/her, the device cause you trouble down the line. The prototypes of previous tablets have rejected publicly released firmware images. SSUs will probably install fine, but should you ever need to reflash, doing so may be difficult or impossible.
I still want to have all the prototypes as well as the 770 and N800 anyways. What can I say? I'm a fan.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@sjgadsby: thanks, you're right.

Actually i just asked a friend of mine who works at nokia (no, nothing that exciting.. she's in accounting) looking for leads for more RX-51 *G* she told me she knew a guy who lost a prototype when his car got stolen, and the guy got sacked all the same. So I don't think this leak was from a (sane) nokia employee.

@wert613: we just need one more if you'd be curly =P

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
I'm more of a long(er) haired Mo.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I go camping for a couple of weeks (my N800 was great on the road, BTW), and I come back to find pretty pictures all over the forums...

So pretty....

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Oregon
Someone had mentioned earlier in this thread they did not see a stylus in the box. It looks like it is built into the phone.
Attached Images

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Team C For This Useful Post:
If that's really a stylus, that's a very strange place to put it. How are you supposed to take it in or out when the device is standing on the stand? But don't get me wrong, a stylus slot in the least convenient place is infinitely better than none at all.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@sjgadsby: thanks, you're right.

Actually i just asked a friend of mine who works at nokia (no, nothing that exciting.. she's in accounting) looking for leads for more RX-51 *G* she told me she knew a guy who lost a prototype when his car got stolen, and the guy got sacked all the same. So I don't think this leak was from a (sane) nokia employee.

@wert613: we just need one more if you'd be curly =P
Hmmm one prototype, but there is 3 for sell, and pictures show only one (fully boxed) RX-51... perharps buyers #2 and #3 will get scammed while buyer #1 might not.

Tags
fremantle, iphone killer, n900, rover, rx-51