Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by gogol View Post
I'd send you a PM and try and help, but you have it disabled in your Maemo.org prefs.
The private messaging system is locked out for each new user until he or she makes five posts. mmedwick hasn't reached that yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
google Voice notifier had Python 2.5 as a dependency. Does the new update for DC need that also?

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State, USA
Originally Posted by icbolsh View Post
google Voice notifier had Python 2.5 as a dependency. Does the new update for DC need that also?
Version: 1.0.4-2
Depends: python2.5, python2.5-gtk2, python2.5-xml

Using dpkg or apt-get or the App Manager, you wouldn't be able to install Dialcentral unless you had the dependencies met.

@gogol
I should find(and install) those in App manager right?

I have dialcentral installed but it won't even open. Here is what i get when i try and run it
Code:
~ $ python2.5 /usr/bin/dialcentral.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/dialcentral.py", line 12, in <module>
    dc_glade.run_dialpad()
  File "/usr/lib/dialcentral/dc_glade.py", line 801, in run_dialpad
    with gtk_toolbox.flock(_lock_file, 0):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/contextlib.py", line 15, in __enter__
  File "/usr/lib/dialcentral/gtk_toolbox.py", line 30, in flock
    fd = os.open(path, os.O_CREAT | os.O_EXCL | os.O_RDWR)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/user/.dialcentral/.lock'
~ $

Last edited by icbolsh; 2009-08-17 at 00:06.

Originally Posted by falconx View Post
Any other programs out there for calling out with google?

http://www.google.com/voice/m always works.

I hate to bring up such a small idea / "want" when it appears that DialCentral is having bigger issues at the moment, but, I guess it's worth mentioning for future released anyway

One thing I've wanted since I've started using DC is that when you view the messages, just like in the GV SMS inbox, it shows the whole chat history, is there any way to possibly show on message at a time in descending order by time, much like how a phone would do it? Or when I go to open up a message from the chat window it shows say the last 2-3, instead of all of them? I'd much prefer just the most recent message honestly. And when I reply, just show the most recent message with the empty space below for the reply?

Again, hate to bring it up when DC is getting better additions at the moment (notifications, etc), but hey, it's an idea! :P

This latest version, 1.0.4-2, is a sure-fire way to destroy everything dialcentral and gv-notifier on your system. GV-notifier won't even run now.

Off to restore a backup. This is just too crazy for me.

Gogol I wish I would have seen that earlier *sigh* I saw all this chat about 1.0.4-2 and I got excited seeing "Notification support."

How long do I have until everything is broken for good? Too late already? What I mean by that is can I uninstall 1.0.4-2 and reinstall 1.0.3?

fatboyxpc, I tried uninstall/reinstalling and gv-notifier still didn't work for me. *sigh* I wish I were a bit smarter. The only important difference I note between the flash boot (which works) and the other boot which doesn't, is that alarmd daemon is not being started at boot anymore. However, I can't tell where it is finding the 'com.nokia.alarmd' dbus service on the working install. It just makes no sense.

epage, I'll leave the broken install to test stuff out for you, hope you come back around soon. I'll be in freenode #maemo when you do.

Gogol, I uninstalled gvnotifier and dialcentral, and then reinstalled dialcentral 1.0.3, and it still doesn't open. It says "DialCentral Started" up at the upper right hand corner like it always does, but nothing opens up :/