Notices

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Indonesia
Originally Posted by flamenmars View Post
What do I need to do to update the libpurple0 to the lastest version?
You can update libpurple0 from AppManager, or using apt-get command on xterm.

First to do, enable extras-devel repo in AppManager. Next, if you already have pidgin installed on your device, uninstall it. It should also uninstall the old version of libpurple0. After uninstall, install the new version of pidgin, which automatically install the new version of libpurple0.

Or, if you want to update it using apt-get, you can do it from xterm by typing command: apt-get install libpurple0

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
Hey coredumb.

Where do I find libpurple0 2.5.8? I used gronmayer.com but the latest it can find is 2.5.0. Any thoughts?

OOoooops. You had just beaten me to my question. So, ignore my question and thank you for the information.

Last edited by Munk; 2009-08-19 at 03:53.

How can we know the version of libpurple and pidgin installed on our N810?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
You can enable red pill mode and enter the app manager. Look at installed applications and you should see libpurple0 installed. The updated version of libpurple0 is in extras-devel thanks to the fine guys at Collabora.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
I seem to have a new problem with pidgin....the last couple days it has been just randomly shutting down and when I try to open it back up it opens for a second, then shuts down again. I deleted my accounts.xml file and re-entered my account info but it still does this, without any reason it seems. I havent installed anything new, and I even completely uninstalled and reinstalled. And it still happens.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
I seem to have a new problem with pidgin....the last couple days it has been just randomly shutting down and when I try to open it back up it opens for a second, then shuts down again. I deleted my accounts.xml file and re-entered my account info but it still does this, without any reason it seems. I havent installed anything new, and I even completely uninstalled and reinstalled. And it still happens.
I've had the same issue on my Linux PC with Pidgin there.

What version do you have on there? On my N810 I had the newer version with "jonny" in the version....After my reinstall I uninstalled again, deleted every pidgin folder using emelfm2, then reinstalled the older version and everything seems fine so far-

I have Pidgin 2.6.1 on my Linux PC and it has the same issue from time to time. I don't use Pidgin on my tablet... so it's very likely not a tablet-specific issue.

Are you using the "cn" server for your linux pc version to connect? Or are the protocol changes not an issue on the desktop version?

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
Are you using the "cn" server for your linux pc version to connect? Or are the protocol changes not an issue on the desktop version?
What "cn" server? Protocol changes are the same on both.

Tags
rtcomm, yahoo