Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Okay... I have to admit. $199 is one attractive price indeed.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Ordered 2. Patiently awaiting the "Would you still like to proceed with your order at $699 per unit?"

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Houston
I ordered one too. Who knows? we might get lucky...

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Well the terms indicate the price shown is good for 1 week. Based on that and the additional statement, they can readily update the price at actual release time (or literally just 1 week after your order) and then you won't have the option to get the low price, only the new or to cancel.

So if they were posting this price during the first week of October and it actually came out within 7 days, only then would you [appear to] be guaranteed your original order price. They probably bank on people not checking their email in time to stop shipment at the new price.

I know they are fairly reputable as a seller but I don't think the price will stick. Even so- Shhhh, close the thread, don't draw attention to it and maybe it will fly.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Well, don't everybody order it... If there's any chance at all of them honoring their mistake (which is mighty slim), it will tend toward zero the more people try to take advantage of it.

I feel like I'm getting trick haha, preorder one too. I used one of my credit card that has a max limit of 500 bucks so it wont fly if they try to charge me more for it. BTW, why did they list the 3g band only 900,2100 and missing the 1700. Isnt the unlock version suppose to have 900,1700 and 2100?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by jaem View Post
Well, don't everybody order it... If there's any chance at all of them honoring their mistake (which is mighty slim), it will tend toward zero the more people try to take advantage of it.
Yeah... like most people will cooperate and let a fast handful get the good deal...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Yes... we need to form a reeeally big class.

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
price "to be announced" on Expansys UK I'm hoping (but not optimistic) for around the £450 mark.

As an employee of eXpansys, I can tell you that price of $199.99 is not correct. At this time, a price has not been confirmed. If you have placed a pre-order already, we will contact you once we know a price and release date. You will have the option to keep your order or cancel it at that time. We will not charge your card until you have confirmed that you still want the N900. If you have any questions, you may email us at sales@expansys-usa.com and we will be happy to assist you.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Neal2Me For This Useful Post: