Active Topics

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Well, if this http://www.mobile-review.com/lj/1963.jpg (apparently this is RM-559 / Alvin) picture has something to do with that hyped big thing, I'd guess (and this is just a guess) that Nokia has started creating modular devices. I think it might be a big thing if customers could build their own device (choose their camera modules etc.). Or would it, I don't know?

Somehow I still believe and hope that it has something to do with the services. Ovi and others really need more attention. And one can at least dream that Nokia would build Ovi Suite for Linux (that wouldn't be big announcement though)...

edit. Actually, I'm quite confident it has something to do with services. Perhaps the big announcement is the rumoured video store + music store going DRM free + some sort of subscription service for both (à la Spotify).

Last edited by ColonelKilkenny; 2009-09-01 at 08:40.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
the question is... 'very very special to whom?'

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Aren't we missing a bunch of apps from the recent contests they've had?

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Originally Posted by ColonelKilkenny View Post
edit. Actually, I'm quite confident it has something to do with services. Perhaps the big announcement is the rumoured video store + music store going DRM free + some sort of subscription service for both (à la Spotify).
Maybe the big announcement will be ysss's guess about the N900 easter egg: a DRM related chip!

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by nwerneck View Post
(EDIT: I actually slept this evening after writing this and had a dream I had an N900 )
Yeah, I had a n900 dream recently. In it I was showing it off to Datapath and he was *very* jealous.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So... any other speculation as to what this could be?

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Bad Homburg, Deutschland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So... any other speculation as to what this could be?
Nokia PC Suite for Linux?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by nwerneck View Post
Maybe the big announcement will be ysss's guess about the N900 easter egg: a DRM related chip!
Is that even technically sound on a device that lets the user gain root? Sure sound like a type of surprise though ;P

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
haha. I think it's hardware this time

n900 "Mini"