Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
I think you will be pleased with the new browser.
The only browser that comes close to pleasing me is tear but even that fails to perform some of the basic functions that I would hold as valuable for a mid or tablet. I can't watch videos (even if i could it's not loud enough), i can't pay bills, replying on sites like this in text fields is taking a chance cuz i might accidentally click a link on the edge of the screen if i put it down to think and pick it back up, i can't shop cuz it keeps crashing, crashing, it pretty much is only reliable for looking and reading web pages. So i need you to check this out for me/us on the N900.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
What are you talking about, it looks fine!
Stop that! You're using up my CPU cycles and battery to render that!

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
The only browser that comes close to pleasing me is tear but even that fails to perform some of the basic functions that I would hold as valuable for a mid or tablet. I can't watch videos (even if i could it's not loud enough), i can't pay bills, replying on sites like this in text fields is taking a chance cuz i might accidentally click a link on the edge of the screen if i put it down to think and pick it back up, i can't shop cuz it keeps crashing, crashing, it pretty much is only reliable for looking and reading web pages. So i need you to check this out for me/us on the N900.
From twitter

"Desktop browsing gone mobile. I have not found a site yet that I cannot access and use as I would on my PC or Mac."

And check out the n900 video walk through you will be amazed with the browser!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Stop that! You're using up my CPU cycles and battery to render that!
Even better, you quoted it, so it's on everyone's screen twice now!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Wait until the answers get filled out.

Tried <h4>, but unfortunately the styling is broken. Will have to cope with it as-is for now.
Thanks! Was worth a shot!

Nathan

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
I never have these problems. Not a single one of them. I find a lot of weirdness like this goes away when you stay with mainly the default stuff installed and don't mess around too much.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The N900 From A Community Perspective

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Is it possible to disable data roaming?

I often work near the border so my phone switches to roaming in other networks sometimes. For my normal provider I have a 3G Data-Flatrate but in foreign networks I have to pay (quite a bit) for data. So is there a way to restrict data use over 3G to your home operator?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by qole View Post
The N900 From A Community Perspective
Thanks for that article. Quoting:
One humourous note; opening and closing apps is accompanied by such human-sounding “whshhht” and “fshhhht” sounds that people look at you, wondering why you're making those funny noises with your mouth.
I hope that can be disabled!

Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
Is it possible to disable data roaming?

I often work near the border so my phone switches to roaming in other networks sometimes. For my normal provider I have a 3G Data-Flatrate but in foreign networks I have to pay (quite a bit) for data. So is there a way to restrict data use over 3G to your home operator?
Yea, that's a fun first bill, you're like WTF!!!

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.