Originally Posted by texaslabrat View Post
I didn't get the extended warranty. In my experience, if an electronic device is going to die it is typically a case of infant mortality within the first week or 2 of being used and having full charge cycles. AFAIK the extended warranty doesn't protect against user stupidity (eg dropping onto concrete, taking it swimming, etc), thus the most likely causes of failure after the 1st year aren't even covered by the warranty. If it were "insurance" it would be a different story, of course... JMHO, YMMV, etc.
Trust me I "milked" my one year warranty on my n800 and n810, they even gave me new batteries. Besides in my State the warranty is pro-rated over the program time frame so I can get a refund on it if I choose, and the normal price for this extended warranty is around $80. Nevertheless, I will let you know two years from now if my $20 could have been better spent.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
1st post, been lurking a while. I'll start asking questions later.

I went ahead and paid an arm and a leg to pre-order it directly from NokiaUSA because...

1. I wanted it NOW! Ok, so I'm weak...but there's no guarantee T-Mobile will ever get the phone even if I waited. No one I've spoken to at T-Mo knows anything about the N900 - or won't admit to it.

2. I'm not due for a full upgrade discount fo another year and a partial upgrade price wouldn't save all that much money. And again, I'd have to wait to see if I'd even get that.

3. I'll have the pure, unadulterated generic USA version - no missing features, reduced specs or capabilities, carrier-specific apps or UI changes, all the stuff providers are so fond of adding/subtracting to "customize" their specific versions. So may be worth a little more if I sell it later or nicer to use if I don't.

Looks like about a month 'til I'll have it in my greasy hands...gonna be a loooong month...

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Just spoke to a fairly reliable source within tmobile USA and he said there were no plans to pick up the device this year. So ..... Take from that whatever you want and also with the usual disclaimers etc.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Why are you spending money on wifi? I go all over the place and find FREE wifi (Burger King, Panera, Friendly's, etc. even the city of Hartford has a free city wifi downtown).
lol no i was talking about my consumption rate at mcdonalds lol

Don't believe carriers that say "this is our star phone". That's just like Nokia saying the N97 will be the flagship. Yeah, for 5 minutes.
its a little different thought think about it like this they have to do renaming of the device if they want to. Also packaging, manually for us workers, being that maemo is a new platform for t-mobile customer care would have to learn the device before release and no one have mentioned anything of that sort or leaks. We as sales reps would have to train also. This is a huge device break-through for tmobile and it would decrease sales of mytouch believe me. So i would honestly have to say within three month i hiiiiiighly doubt it will hit this year this will blow the blackberry 9700 (soon to be released) and mytouch 3g out the water.

Last edited by mykenyc; 2009-09-04 at 20:58.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
3. I'll have the pure, unadulterated generic USA version - no missing features, reduced specs or capabilities, carrier-specific apps or UI changes, all the stuff providers are so fond of adding/subtracting to "customize" their specific versions. So may be worth a little more if I sell it later or nicer to use if I don't.
That wasn't assuming at ALL that the one they're selling right now is the limited one and a more capable one might come along. :P

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by mykenyc View Post
Originally Posted by mykenyc View Post
Plus i spend probably 200 dollars on McDonalds a month alone lol (no im not fat which is the odd part)
Why are you spending money on wifi? I go all over the place and find FREE wifi (Burger King, Panera, Friendly's, etc. even the city of Hartford has a free city wifi downtown).
lol no i was talking about my consumption rate at mcdonalds lol
...so you ARE fat! You LIED!

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
What will nokia/t-mobile gain with being mum on this word? They can say :

" At this point we do not have any deals with t-mobile but we may look into that in the future"

or

" Yeah we are working with t-mobile to subsidize the phone"

For me either way it will clear confusion and let the customer make an informed decision instead of keeping them in the dark and making them wait.

Pre-ordered. Too bad I'll be out of town for a month when it ships...... maybe I can get it forwarded.

Epi

The Following User Says Thank You to epilido For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
I went ahead and paid an arm and a leg to pre-order it directly from NokiaUSA because...

I would definitely and immediately do the same, rather than wait for a subsidized N900 from TMobile, if I can use the N900 on a prepaid plan. Is this possible?

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York
That wasn't assuming at ALL that the one they're selling right now is the limited one and a more capable one might come along. :P
its business though. Think about it out of the blogsphere nobody in the USA even know this phone exists, think about if t-mobile made a announcement that they are getting a phone better than the mytouch (which im pretty sure they wouldn't say but i'd be common sense) and iphone who would buy the mytouch lol. I swear any customer that comes into my store and say they on tmobile and about to leave for ATT only leave for the iphone point blank .