Active Topics

OK, what have I done. Recently when I go to Facebook, the screen format is all screwed up and none of the pictures display. Other sites with pictures like flickr are wrong as well, yet some sites look OK. Can't figure out what I might have changed.
Any suggestions? I'm running diablo and microb.

-Scurrie

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
just an idea...do you have 'fit width to view' selected? Hit the magnifying glass in bottom right corner of browser to see if there is a checkmark beside that option. If so, try disabling it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
You may have messed with the stylesheets in the past.

I have to use Tear for Facebook and Google Maps to properly load.

Facebook should load okay in MicroB but things like notifications tend to be problematic. Also I have the issue that what I type (or even auto-complete) is garbled as if the tablet is dyslexic.

As far as things go if you don't mind losing your saved passwords and what-not, delete your microb profile so it is regenerated. You could also copy it to a safe location before deleting. It is /home/user/.mozilla/microb BTW.

For me, Facebook + MicroB = frustration (and WONTFIX bug write-ups). Facebook + Tear is much better.

For the mobile version on MicroB, I got XML parsing errors every third or fourth link I tapped. For the non-mobile version, it was struggling with the Javascript. Sometimes when I typed text into the Comment field it would be garbled. Sometimes when I tapped a link it would bring me to a profile page instead of doing what the link said (frequently causing me to lose the comment I'd entered).

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Italy
I have an other approach: try this link.

x.facebook.com

It is a version for advanced smartphones that are not iPhones. The only problem I have is with immages galleries, otherwise it works fast. It is ok to check friends updates.

Toutes les informations utiles (pages encore en anglais) : Présentez-vous à la communauté , L'essentiel pour bien commencer, Débuter sur Maemo 4 (N800 - N810), Le Wiki sur Maemo 5 (N900), La FAQ, Le sous-forum dédié aux communautés

En cas de souci, n'hésitez pas à me poser vos questions!

----------------

Benvenuto! Se hai bisogno di aiuto, sono a disposizione.
Ecco dove iniziare (in inglese):

Presentazioni dei nuovi iscritti,Primi passi per nuovi iscritti, Wiki per chi inizia con Maemo 4 (N800 - N810), Wiki per chi inizia con Maemo 5 (N900), FAQ, Subforum della Comunità

In caso di dubbi o domande non esitare: contattami!

Originally Posted by Matyas View Post
x.facebook.com
Interesting & has some neat functionality! I can see friends' updates in the News Feed, however, I couldn't figure out how to view the comments for those updates. Am I missing something? If not, I don't think I'm going to use this much. m.facebook.com has comments at least.