Active Topics

Can someone help make a list of where to get programs for MER and how to install them .. and maybe some repositories . ?

What programs work ?

what can i install ?

Thanks

I'm not the most knowledgeable about Mer but as far as I know you can install anything that you can on Ubuntu. Of course the problem comes with hard drive space and computing power, so things like Gimp will run but slowly, on the other hand (unless something fantastic has happened) anything requiring 3D hardware support is a no go. To find what applications you can install you'll need to look at the Ubuntu repositories site. To install you need root access in xterm and then apt-get to install them. I hope I got all that right, someone should be along to correct me if not. Hope it helps

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichS For This Useful Post:
Well sofar i have installed

firefox and it works much better to view my webcam ..

AMSN WORKS great even docks icon in task bar .. CAMERA ALSO WORKS WITH AMSN BUT No sound ...

Rdesktop also works great ...

apt-get install firefox

apt-get install amsn

apt-get install rdesktop

The Following User Says Thank You to computerfreek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by RichS View Post
I'm not the most knowledgeable about Mer but as far as I know you can install anything that you can on Ubuntu. Of course the problem comes with hard drive space and computing power, so things like Gimp will run but slowly, on the other hand (unless something fantastic has happened) anything requiring 3D hardware support is a no go. To find what applications you can install you'll need to look at the Ubuntu repositories site. To install you need root access in xterm and then apt-get to install them. I hope I got all that right, someone should be along to correct me if not. Hope it helps
its really a trial and error though. Not all the apps will work even if they install without a hitch.

Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
its really a trial and error though. Not all the apps will work even if they install without a hitch.
This is true i listed them 3 apps that installed and are working good . But I did install other apps that did not load or was missing to much stuff to even install . However Mer is a nice addon for the n810 under dual boot . It's like having a new TOY to play with .. Sometimes just a new OS will save you from buying a new $600.0 toy !!

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
I'd like to see Keepnote on Mer. I stared using it in Diablo and find it pretty interesting.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Portugal
Sorry for another Noob, can anyone tell me how to get the test repository working (with recompiled maemo stuff like canola, etc...). Thanks!
0.16testing6 is looking great, by the way! Keep up the great work, guys!