Notices

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I just turned up the volume from mute on my N810 and that weird alarm saying "imnothep" from the flipclock app was on loop and no matter what i did I could not find it to shut it up It was on loop and annoyingly playing when i was trying to watch a youtube video about the N900..

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
I just turned up the volume from mute on my N810 and that weird alarm saying "imnothep" from the flipclock app was on loop and no matter what i did I could not find it to shut it up It was on loop and annoyingly playing when i was trying to watch a youtube video about the N900..
Maybe flip crashed while playing back the alarm sound? Try opening up Xterm and doing:
ps ax | grep flip

See if any instances of flipclock are present, and issue a kill -9 on them; or just restart the tablet...

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles
Flipclock does not work for me: I cannot access the alarm screen.
I do get a fullscreen clock, and I can switch between the nixie clock, the flip clock and the night light clock. But wherever I tap, click or double tap/click... nothing happens. Except this: when I make a 'scroll' gesture (from top to bottom) on the second digit, the fullscreen changes into a windowed screen.

what should I do ????

Nokia N810 with OS2008 v 5.2008.43-7
with SolarWolf installed, just to see if that would solve this problem.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Do a scroll gesture from bottom to top to see the settings page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nelson L. Squeeko For This Useful Post:
sampieter, Nelson's got the right answer there should solve things ;-) The whole "drag up/drag down" thing really does need to be more clearly emphasised (or we should actually write some help/documentation!? lol) anyways it's all on the list of things to do once the new version of the App makes it to Beta stage...

Speaking of which, quick update for anyone who's interested... the new version is really starting to come together. The theming support will totally blow you away (it is a little slower to change themes.. i.e. night clock to day clock.. than current version, but there are good reasons for this and I think you'll be happy); huge speed improvements in load time, smaller memory usage (no more python in the way), and stability out the wazoo... I run it through valgrind on my laptop from time to time and fix up any memory errors/etc, so it's pretty rock solid. Still got a bit left to implement though including a proper settings page (not alarms, but settings), and finish up the alarm configuration/alarm handling code. If all goes well I should have something for you guys to play with in the relatively near future (next few weeks hopefully)...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles
Almost can't wait for the new version! I'd like to help out with the documentation... feel silly that I didn't find out the bottom-to-top gesture myself!

Another update guys... the new version is coming along very well indeed! I may take you up on that offer to documentation help sampieter once we get a little further along!

In the mean time Ciro buddy if you've got a few minutes I need your hand with some nice graphics for the extra screens and stuff... I'll send you a PM about what I'm after so that we don't spoil the "surprises" for everyone here ;-)

Let's see things I've got done now (what was the last update I gave you... it seems like ages ago!):
- The alarm scheduling screen is pretty slick now; I've got to optimize it for performance on the default theme a little bit but you're gonna be pretty happy I think, especially compared to the old version. I've also introduced larger buttons to select the day of the week since that was driving me nuts before on the old version.
- have the capability for different "Alarm modes" in the code now, but the only one I'm going to focus on for this release will be the traditionally "play sound"; others such as launch media player, etc can be added later hopefully.
- Snooze times are now configurable on a per-alarm basis, so you can adjust from 0 (no snooze allowed), to 5, 10, 15 mins

With luck I should have the alarmD/alarm scheduling stuff tied in and ready in the next few days; after that it'll just be a question of otimizing things and implementing the basic settings screen. I've still got a plan for the "simple alarm mode" for people who don't want to deal with a day-by-day alarm screen, but whether I decide to cram that in yet or save it for a feature after the first beta I'm not sure yet...

Just wanted to say that I'm really looking forward to this new release.

I'd like it if I could wake to a streaming radio or FM radio. Not sure if that's possible or not, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Will we be able to run Application Manager to update when the next release comes out?

The streaming radio might be a bit more challenging, I'll try to implement when I tackle the media player/outside app alarm mode; FM radio might actually be easier, but keep in mind no FM radio without something to act as antenna right? (and does the 810 have an FM radio chip, I don't remember now?).

The next release when it's ready for Beta will get putup in Extras-devel, so if you have that repo enabled then you should see it in the application manager; once it's been tested by a few people and confirmed that I haven't goofed anything in the packaging then I'll push it over to extras so that it will show up as an update for everyone.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
The streaming radio might be a bit more challenging, I'll try to implement when I tackle the media player/outside app alarm mode; FM radio might actually be easier, but keep in mind no FM radio without something to act as antenna right? (and does the 810 have an FM radio chip, I don't remember now?).
No FM radio in the N810.
But N900 will!

Tags
clock, flip clock