Notices

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Let me see how to change that...

Okay, it states, indeed:

Limited access to view this media.
This media is private, so only those you shared with can view it.
Now.. how can I change that...

EDIT: found it. Had to create a public album and move the picture to it.

Last edited by anidel; 2009-09-24 at 15:20.

Something I've been wondering for a while is whether it would be possible to make (extra) use of the pressure sensitivity, and use finger presses for dragging the page, and stylus presses for writing. As the default OS can do this when working out whether to launch the finger-friendly keyboard, I guess it would be possible... though it might be too intermittant. What do you think?

The Following User Says Thank You to Cadabena For This Useful Post:
I tried that already. I can't seem to be able to guess if it's a finger or the stylus that's touching the screen.

Btw, the virtual keyboard appears only when the keyboard is closed and even if you tap with the stylus.

In Diablo the pressure was between 0 - 0.49 for stylus and 0.5 - 1 for thumb (or the other way around). In Fremantle it's different.
It should return a value between 0 and 1, but I am getting values between 0.6 and 0.1x something...

Actually the pressure values I get from the device are quite weird.

Last edited by anidel; 2009-09-24 at 15:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
I have an n800 and the finger detection for input fields is not perfect, however I noticed a few observations which may be of use to you.

1) When tapping with the stylus, no matter how much pressure is applied it never brought up the finger keyboard.

2) When using my finger, if I used the front of the finger (near the fingernail) it usually wouldn't bring up the finger keyboard, if I used the bottom of my finger (as if I was trying to stamp an inked fingerprint) it would bring up the finger keyboard almost all the time.

3) If I pressed the input field with two fingers at the same time it would always bring up the finger keyboard without fail, and this is even if I used the tip of the finger. I even tried it with two styli, as long as the two presses were more than 3mm apart it would bring up the finger keyboard.

I hope this information is somewhat helpful.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iKneaDough For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by iKneaDough View Post
3) If I pressed the input field with two fingers at the same time it would always bring up the finger keyboard without fail, and this is even if I used the tip of the finger. I even tried it with two styli, as long as the two presses were more than 3mm apart it would bring up the finger keyboard.
Actually, two-finger dragging might be a good technique (similar to a MacBook's trackpad).

Tim

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
The rest icons are the attachement of this post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=67

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
http://share.ovi.com/media/anidel.Xournal/anidel.10177

looks really good with the icons man, I think you made a good choice with the default fullscreen. The guidelines mention to use defaults when available, so I think that was a good move. Now all I need is an n900 to play with the app

The Following User Says Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
I'd like to see one small adjustment with the icons: a yellow tip on the highlighter.

Tim

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
I was going to, but I thought we wanted to keep them all gradient/solid except the colour palette though.

I think it's ok to make the tip yellow

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post: