Active Topics

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
BTW, it was reported in another thread that results were visible when the polls were closed, when I checked they were not. I think there may have even been a statement posted about them not being calculated yet.

Can someone clear this up? I would ask in that other thread but will not comment in it and promote its content until the polls are officially closed.
I may not have worded that precisely. The list of all the authentication tokens and their corresponding votes was visible, so you could see all the votes, and count them up if you wanted to. There was no tally of votes visible. Sorry for the confusion.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

Last edited by mullf; 2009-09-27 at 16:46.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mullf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 351 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Cotswolds, UK
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Fine by me, but probably one more for the candidates standing. They may have plans to stay up late to watch the returns ;-)
Nah. I was going to wait for the BBC to report it in the morning. I always fail to understand why my wife insists on staying up late watching the first few results from national elections: if you go to bed you find out what has happened in the morning.

Seriously, I think that leaving the poll open an extra 24 hours is a good idea. It gives anyone who tried to vote and got an error and assumed they had misread the announcement a chance to hear that actually it was a mistake and there is time to vote.

Clearly all those last minute voters were going to vote for me!

The Following User Says Thank You to Graham Cobb For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
No problems here one way or the other. Also hoping the last minute voters all vote for Mr. Cobb.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 263 | Thanked: 679 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
By this threads accounts a 3 hour delay...

Not much of a set back (imo) in the overall scheme of things.

BTW, it was reported in another thread that results were visible when the polls were closed, when I checked they were not. I think there may have even been a statement posted about them not being calculated yet.

Can someone clear this up? I would ask in that other thread but will not comment in it and promote its content until the polls are officially closed.
I'm not sure which other thread?

The raw votes are automatically available at the end date of the election. It's possible to download a .blt file which can then be used to calculate the results of the election. Anyone can then run the election using the OpenSTV software and calculate the results for the election.

The delay was 3 hours from the moment that a post was sent here, but the election was closed from 2am to 5pm French time - roughly 15 hours. An extra day voting time seems reasonable to me.

Cheers,
Dave.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dneary For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave neary rocks, voting, voting irregularities