Active Topics

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
hope this person will not bring everything that's wrong and bad with apple over to maemo. it's a bit like celebrating the fact that a successful criminal was hired to lead your local bank.
The first thing he'll do is superglue shut all the battery compartments. :-X

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mullf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
While I agree that hings are SLOWLY changing, it still too little.
America might be modern in terms of technology etc, but not in mindset. 'Modern Americans' are still a minority in America. [Look at the vest hinterland to see that instead of looking at the coasts]
The problem is that everyone has such high expectations of Americans because they portray themselves as the top of society - a view cemented by the spread of American movies and culture - then Americans are often a let down when they don't fit the 'top of society' image. The average farmer in Spain probably couldn't put a pin in Iran on a map either - but they would likely similarly believe that their home country is the best country in the world.

Man... I don't know how a discussion over Nokia hiring one guy turned into a geopolitical debate.

The Following User Says Thank You to overfloat For This Useful Post:
Incidentally - Check out the hot topic over at the Apple forums... 127+ pages long http://discussions.apple.com/thread....t=0&start=1890

None of that on the n900 please!

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by overfloat View Post
Check out the hot topic over at the Apple forums... 127+ pages long http://discussions.apple.com/thread....t=0&start=1890
That's the punishment for worshiping Satan.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

The Following User Says Thank You to mullf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Yeah, I'd highly recommend everyone ask themselves and clarify why they're posting before hitting the 'Submit Post' buttons. If it doesn't fall within any of the points below then maybe that post should be reconsidered:

- Contribute (positively) to the thread discussion
- Answers a direct question posed by a fellow member
- Friendly banters in thread, without being too far off OOT - which improves community ties.

Please CMIIW.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by kryptoniankid17 View Post
their all the same damn phone. a new device does something new something different. not just add the letters g and s.
By that logic, the N800 and the N810 are the same device.

For your convenience, here's [wikipedia.org] a comparison chart of the capabilities of the different iterations of iPhones. Just a hint, the iPhones' capabilities increased as newer iterations were released.

I'm not an Apple lover, though I have an iPhone 3GS. I would have bought an N900 if they were going to work on AT&T's network. And don't tell me to "wait until next year" or something like that. I wanted a smartphone NOW, on AT&T, and I didn't like the look of the Crackberries offerings.

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
We had Gaston Bastiens as CEO at Quarterdeck after he left Apple. The prestige was so great he drove the stock value up to $40 a share... I remember asking him in a hallway whether we employees should buy at that price. Sure, he said, it's a great deal!

Wilipedia didn't mention this part of his career last time I checked it, or his arrest after he left Quarterdeck.

The stock price fell to 50 cents a share and Quarterdeck of course folded.

Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
Originally Posted by mullf View Post
That's the punishment for worshiping Satan.
Just gave you thanks for the funny that was introduced by that statement. XD

If I still hated Macs, I'd be with you on that, but damn, I must be worshiping teh devil for using this eMac I just got...for free. :]

Anyway, thought this was funny and had to post about it. Also, I can see were Quim is coming from. I trust him.

All this debate about market shares and such...the rest of us can do without. Yes, one person can change a corporation, but in this case, I think Nokia is too smart to let something like that happen. I agree with someone who quoted Quim and talked about how this new Apple guy can in fact improve other parts of Nokia, not necessarily touching Maemo and I agree with him. I need to go back an give his post a thanks.

All we can really do is wait and see what happens. Although I won't be able to afford one anytime soon, I'm looking forward to the release of the N900.

And as my girlfriend told me after I told her about this "war" between the iPhone 3GS and the N900, she said "Good. The war between PC and Mac is getting old. Time for a new war." I'm inclined to agree. I want some great competition between Apple and Nokia. It will be a very exciting end of year for 2009 and 2010 will only heat things up.

I'm rooting for Nokia and Maemo (Linux)! Go Nokia, go!

Jesse~

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by deeteroderdas View Post
By that logic, the N800 and the N810 are the same device.

For your convenience, here's [wikipedia.org] a comparison chart of the capabilities of the different iterations of iPhones. Just a hint, the iPhones' capabilities increased as newer iterations were released.

I'm not an Apple lover, though I have an iPhone 3GS. I would have bought an N900 if they were going to work on AT&T's network. And don't tell me to "wait until next year" or something like that. I wanted a smartphone NOW, on AT&T, and I didn't like the look of the Crackberries offerings.
my apologies. they added features my n95 already had and are still better. Yes mnow the iphone can do what every other phone in the worlds been doing for years. Bravo you can txt now. Thanks

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Yeah, I'd highly recommend everyone ask themselves and clarify why they're posting before hitting the 'Submit Post' buttons. If it doesn't fall within any of the points below then maybe that post should be reconsidered:
After you reconsider your reasons, I highly recommend continuing to post Apple-hate messages. Remember that it takes a village to finally drive ysss to insanity, followed by inevitable suicide!

Hehehehehehehe

Tags
post from the hip, think then post