Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
You dont get the comment about saying speedo? You know, a banana hammock. lol
I guess being an Aussie and "Speedo" swimming costumes being an iconic Australian brand, we don't have any hangups over the term speedo. Certainly, everyone here uses it when referring to the speedometer in their car.

As for male swimming cossies.............Banana Hammock - that is certainly a new one for me. We call them Budgie Smugglers

How about a widget that shows the car traffic for a particular city, like this:
http://www.google.fr/ig/directory?ty....com/mappy.xml
I think you just need to do a screenshot from a particular area of the mappy website

And you would tap on it to update the map traffic. I think widgets are really useful in car

(By the way, there are great ideas of widgets in the igoogle gadgets)

The Following User Says Thank You to peio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Palo Alto, CA
Originally Posted by nymajoak View Post
Hm. Some people are big on horoscopes. Would a stand-alone (I am sure there are RSS feeds for such things but someone who are into it might want it separated from the RSS widget) daily horoscope widget be of interest to anyone?
How about a biorythms widget

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Modest Widget:

Shows latest emails. Clicking one opens email in Modest.

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
I would propose the following:
Multitrack audio recorder (using the microphone and the headphones you can in theory record track by track)
ebook reader
Labyrinth game
Tic tac toe game
Fifteen game
Solitaire game
Solo noble game
Flashlight
Paint pad
Step counter
Handwriting calculator
Level
Converter

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Just a couple suggestions:

1. Time keeper: Stopwatch (w/ laps), Countdown Timer, Alarm, World Time

2. Medicine consumption logger
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by jandmdickerson View Post
I saw this nice lyrics widget in an early n900 video. Is this already available in the extras repository? See here for video link:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=429

I think this is the Lyrics Widget you have been after: http://maemo.nokia.com/maemo-select/...ions/tunewiki/

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by drm View Post
I would propose the following:
Multitrack audio recorder (using the microphone and the headphones you can in theory record track by track)
ebook reader
Labyrinth game
Tic tac toe game
Fifteen game
Solitaire game
Solo noble game
Flashlight
Paint pad
Step counter
Handwriting calculator
Level
Converter
Most of those sound like apps rather than desktop widgets.

I found http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/..._UI_Guidelines is useful to see what can and can't be done in a desktop widget, and for advice on the design of them, which might be useful when making suggestions.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Just a couple suggestions:

1. Time keeper: Stopwatch (w/ laps), Countdown Timer, Alarm, World Time
Yes, please. And please make several stopwatch "channels" and make them cumulative until reset.

Widget: Daily Tasks
Description: I'm not sure if it's the same as "Remember the Milk" or one of the other widgets on the list, but this would consist of a short list of daily tasks with a checkbox next to each that can be checked off with just a tap. Each task would automatically reset itself after a predefined interval of hours to days either since the task was assigned or since it was last completed (two different and equally useful cases).
Use case: pet feeding, plant watering, medicine taking, etc.
Bonus features: a simple "Hours since last completed" next to each task checkbox

Widget: Remote Control
Description: A grid of "buttons" that can be given a label and assigned to send specific signals. This would probably need to be associated with a full-fledged app--or two.
Use case: I have X10 modules set up for a lot of my lights and appliances and a TV/computer monitor with a remote control. I'd like to be able to control a number of functions easily from a single device.
Bonus features: able to associate buttons with IR, bluetooth, or network events.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Yes, please. And please make several stopwatch "channels" and make them cumulative until reset.

Widget: Daily Tasks
Description: I'm not sure if it's the same as "Remember the Milk" or one of the other widgets on the list, but this would consist of a short list of daily tasks with a checkbox next to each that can be checked off with just a tap. Each task would automatically reset itself after a predefined interval of hours to days either since the task was assigned or since it was last completed (two different and equally useful cases).
Use case: pet feeding, plant watering, medicine taking, etc.
Bonus features: a simple "Hours since last completed" next to each task checkbox

Widget: Remote Control
Description: A grid of "buttons" that can be given a label and assigned to send specific signals. This would probably need to be associated with a full-fledged app--or two.
Use case: I have X10 modules set up for a lot of my lights and appliances and a TV/computer monitor with a remote control. I'd like to be able to control a number of functions easily from a single device.
Bonus features: able to associate buttons with IR, bluetooth, or network events.
These are excellent.

It'd be great if the daily task widget makes use of existing todo\calendar apps as the backend, maybe culls the items from certain calendar\todo category (ie: daily chores) so it's configurable and usable for more usecases without ignoring the initial request.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, requests, widgets