Active Topics

I think one day I am going to tell people "I was maemo when maemo wasn't cool..."

...maemo may be the next big thing in the mobile world, and much less community feel with all the potential "fanboys" that may hop on the bandwagon, and perhaps then I may not even like to hang out at maemo.org anymore. Nevertheless, that idea went through my head when I started reading articles today like this and this...

When these articles says things like "the door remains open for new OS entrants, predicting that Nokia's Linux-based Maemo platform is a strong contender to feature in future smartphones" it makes me ponder the huge potential of maemo.

It is funny to me, and at the same time kind of scary, to see that people are expecting such big things from meamo, and for Nokia's future in the North American market. Consequently, I hope Nokia doesn't "nokia" this one up like the N97.

So one day when my friends are just trying out a new maemo device for the first time because they want to be cool and involved in an open source community--- I can say yea...I know...I was there before it all happened...

Now if I could get a meamo.org 2009 summit shirt to prove it!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paxicide For This Useful Post:
Could I add my name to the list before the horde of wannabes come through ? :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Paxicide View Post
I think one day I am going to tell people "I was maemo when maemo wasn't cool..."

...maemo may be the next big thing in the mobile world, and much less community feel with all the potential "fanboys" that may hop on the bandwagon, and perhaps then I may not even like to hang out at maemo.org anymore. Nevertheless, that idea went through my head when I started reading articles today like this and this...

When these articles says things like "the door remains open for new OS entrants, predicting that Nokia's Linux-based Maemo platform is a strong contender to feature in future smartphones" it makes me ponder the huge potential of maemo.

It is funny to me, and at the same time kind of scary, to see that people are expecting such big things from meamo, and for Nokia's future in the North American market. Consequently, I hope Nokia doesn't "nokia" this one up like the N97.

So one day when my friends are just trying out a new maemo device for the first time because they want to be cool and involved in an open source community--- I can say yea...I know...I was there before it all happened...

Now if I could get a meamo.org 2009 summit shirt to prove it!!
April 2009? You're WAY too late, Maemo's been cool from the start!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I thought maemo was kinda cool when it started and it's sort of.. fading.. already?

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Could I add my name to the list before the horde of wannabes come through ? :-)
Thats it!! you get it...

The point is that it is interesting to think some day (and perhaps in our lifetime ) maemo may be the "in thing" as far as mobile OS's go, instead of just some R&D experiment that Nokia doesn't know what to do with...

Yes, and Ari also....

http://www.umpcportal.com/2009/10/me...dating-maesum/

‘I’ve been working with Maemo before it was cool.’

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
The join date on internettablettalk.com can be used as a badge right

The Following User Says Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I thought maemo was kinda cool when it started and it's sort of.. fading.. already?
Sorry about that...

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
The join date on internettablettalk.com can be used as a badge right

I believe it can...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Sorry about that...
I was alluding to those anti-mainstream people who likes 'stuffs' simply because they're unpopular\exclusive.. and will probably abandon them when it starts to get mainstream...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!