Active Topics

3 to 4 weeks is what it said when I ordered mine on 3rd September.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by fnordianslip View Post
3 to 4 weeks is what it said when I ordered mine on 3rd September.
I should have known
But thanks for letting me know.

I got the same on my order, either thats when our pre-order will be fulfilled or more likely just what they always put. I have read before that 3-4 weeks was stated on the email.
I think despite all the rumours on when these will appear we can be fairly certain it will arrive in the next 3 weeks, Possibly as early as the end of this week. We have been told for a long time by Nokia that in some markets it will start to ship in October. I know also from historic reports on phone releases that Nokia Shop UK definitely does get the phones on their first release and usually fulfils all the orders on the day of release. I haven't heard of people historically talking about being in particular batches of phones for Nokia shop while you do get such conversations on the release of a product from expansys, I suspect that Nokia can tailor the production to meet the known orders at their store. Anyway thats my hope!
I went for free delivery so I will know when it gets in the post several days before it arrives unlike those unlucky souls who get little time to prepare for the arrival of their new device!
I am betting that it will appear at my door second week of November.

The Following User Says Thank You to impatient For This Useful Post:
Sorry to drag off topic but cant PM yet. fnordianslip I see you have a sheevaplug in among your relics. What do you think of it?

Originally Posted by shadow12 View Post
Dude that is still a good deal. What exactly did you do? I know quidco do 10% on Nokia as well.
Well track the order on Qudico = 10% + code AFFuk15 = 15% total 25% Off!!! that works out to £124 off the price of the phone so i'm a pretty happy bunny. Now apparently they N900's have started shipping too.

Last edited by pwannell; 2009-10-21 at 11:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to pwannell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by equim View Post
I've just noticed a bug report saying that 3 sim cards are rejected by the N900...

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5315

That could scupper my plans
There are a limited number of new Hutchinson 3G SIM cards that require a specific technical SIM card support in the mobile device. Nokia N900 has not originally been designed to support this operator requirement. As soon as we found out about this requirement, we started to work on the solution. A software update for the Nokia N900, estimated to be available by the end of this year, will fix this issue.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Peter@Maemo Marketing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pwannell View Post
Now apparently they N900's have started shipping too.
Can someone please tell me why people on here insist on posting bs.

The above posters has no evidence to support his "claim" but yet he's willing to speculate

Knowing full well we are all waiting uncomfortably for this device!

Originally Posted by pwannell View Post
Well track the order on Qudico = 10% + code AFFuk15 = 15% total 25% Off!!! that works out to £124 off the price of the phone so i'm a pretty happy bunny. Now apparently they N900's have started shipping too.
The AFFUK15 does not work for me either from quidco or topcashback. Saying that SOCUK15 works from both. Also spotted this on quidco: "The voucher code offered excludes pre-order phones." Dont know if this a recent addition or has always been there.

Tried the MYNOKUK15 code too. That works but you cant use more than one code at any one time. It seems the best you will get is 15% off plus 10% cashback from quidco or topcashback. Looks like they plugged the bug.

Last edited by shadow12; 2009-10-21 at 11:55.

Originally Posted by gwiz27 View Post
Can someone please tell me why people on here insist on posting bs.

The above posters has no evidence to support his "claim" but yet he's willing to speculate

Knowing full well we are all waiting uncomfortably for this device!
There are reports on this website that the N900's were shipping in Glasgow to people with pre orders. Sorry to re itterate that...

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=108

Last edited by pwannell; 2009-10-21 at 11:59.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Surrey
So glad I did my order straight after I cancelled the first one.
They said leave 24 hours before doing the order again, I thought no way Nokia were up to something.

N900 + Extra Battery
Sub Total: £524.00
Discount: £202.20
Delivery Cost:
Express (1-3 days) £9.99
Total: £331.79 (This order includes £43.28 VAT)

sweet deal :-) I keep checking on the order status to check it still there. Still find it hard to believe £200+ discount on a brand new phone. I now get to keep my great old flext account with discount.

Tags
£306!!