Active Topics

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
Please stop posting quotes and dates until 1. November, because we already know that we are not goint to get our N900s this month.
Btw, i agree that Nokia failed in organization because of inconsistent info and no official statements (when needed).
But having Peter here is a huge step forward.

Last edited by kopte3; 2009-10-22 at 22:43.

Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
Why does the world hate Canada? We're so nice to all of you.
I blame South Park mostly although your nation should be thanked for the creation of the awesome programme, Trailer Park Boys, which is possibly the funniest think I've seen this century
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
A 1ghz turd is still a turd.

Albeit a faster turd. So there

Anyway, we know that it won't be here today or tomorrow so we can give all that speculation a rest.

P.s. thanks to Peter for clarifying the dates.

WTF, I don't understand you people... This has happened with the N95, with the E90 and with the N97... At least this are the ones I remember... Well with the N97 it was worse because they release it and it wasn't ready for the market... And even with E90 they delayed it and until the first firmware upgrade it was bad at the new great things that it brought (GPS, Browser). Hope that the N900 comes with a solid (it will have bugs) software.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
So Eldar was right.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by vdx29 View Post
IAlso, any rumour from HTC about an impending 1GHz android device will make me cancel my preorder faster than you can say maemo.
I have a 1.2GHz armv5tejl device that's working as my router/NAS. It's very capable i/o-wise, but as for general computing it's not that impressive.
With ARM, the clock doesn't matter as much as the supported instruction set.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
I say we find the 300 people who got the N900's at the summit and strong arm them into giving the devices up.

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted by kopte3 View Post
So Eldar was right.
uhauhauahuha :P

Now, i'd love to know who here believes the N900 will come in novemeber?

Just imagine! Nokia just started a new beta testing round.

Phone gets handed out (21 oct?)->Users testing it for a couple of days (say 10 days?)->Nokia corrects these problems (10 Days?)->Start manufacturing process (x days?)

I just did a best case scenario too?

I say late decemeber. Oh dear

Eikido

Originally Posted by eikido View Post
Now, i'd love to know who here believes the N900 will come in novemeber?
I think it's 100% certain unless they find a bug along the lines of "Pressing Answer Call Sprays Battery Acid in User's Eyes".

If they'd been originally planning a November release they probably wouldn't have delayed it to deal with the user feedback but having an October one gave them some room to delay a few weeks and still get it out in Q4 2009. A delay to Q1 2010 would be a "big deal" and would need some pretty serious defects to justify.

Personally I consider it a good sign and it shows the N900 and Maemo is a big concern for Nokia. If they didn't care one way or the other they'd have shipped it and worried about dealing with feedback later. They obviously want people's first impressions to be positive and to use that intertia to justify more Maemo devices and probably more variations of the N900 platform.

Tags
black hole, choc santa is a priority, delete this thread, egg on toast, fokia n900000000000000 :d, i love peter, mental instatution, n900 is a hoax :p, n900 is soylent green, not-garbage thread!, november release, peter is hot, peter was here, serenity now, spam, this is daycare, this thread is dead, urge to kill rising, when will it arrive!, whiners unite, your face is a daycare, zamunda