Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
Just checked the ol' BL of T

http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/...er_id=!ORDERID!

seems i won't have to fail my exams upon it's arrival...

damn, there goes that excuse

Dont trust any shipping date till it says your order has been shipped. Every single website on the internet has a different date.

It's not a big delay, and it mostly matters to us people in this forum here. Most of us have already waited years.

I haven't done my marketing homework, but I think it may just help the 2009 sales numbers because the chains will promote it as the newest, hottest in November instead of October. Meaning that it will be closer to the top of peoples heads during christmas shopping. Also, right now it would be competing with Windows 7 in the spotlight, this way Win7 will have cooled down a bit in media. Apple will have had some time to sling dirt on the ******ed "I'm a PC" guy, I hear they already started. Filthy marketing.

On the other hand, I bet each and every electronics company will try to win the match for Christmas shopping attention. It's a hard time spot.

Personally, my biggest problem with this November delay is that I'll be more likely to know that I can't afford it because I will already have spent too many of my precious moneyses on gifts. That aren't for me...

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Yeah, I don't think it's gonna happen until late November, even then it's still up in the air.

Nokia says N900 sales delayed to November
http://www.reuters.com/article/techn...59M2RJ20091023
"HELSINKI (Reuters) - Top cellphone maker Nokia said on Friday its flagship N900 phone will start selling in November, a month later than originally scheduled, as the company awaits feedback from developers."

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
See the incoming column. 9999 probably means that they don't really know if the shipment is coming. And based on Peter's and Quim's comments I doubt 03/11.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
I just phoned polish "Nokia Care" and they said that N900 preorders won't be shipped until the last week of November and won't be available in Nokia stores until December.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
dont trust any shipping date that is not from nokia as they are just guestimations

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
3rd week of december new date

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
dont trust any shipping date that is not from nokia as they are just guestimations
I would say, don't trust any shipping date unless it is from Nokia Maemo Devices unit or it is an offical press release from Nokia

Nokia Online Shops and Flagship Stores also use questimations, based on experience.

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange