Active Topics

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by olighak View Post
Np.

Could you please create a empty.po on the server for icelandic (is) I´ve already translated this, but get the error message:

The uploaded file did not pass the correctness check. Please run 'msgfmt -c' on a terminal to see the errors.

when I´m trying to submit, I don´t know if it´s because the language file doesn´t already exist or what...
From what I know (and I don't know much yet) this message can have the following reasons:
- There are missing informations in the header. Especially the character set (UTF-8) is not set.
- You created a translation where you forgot to put the c-format string into the translation. E.g. you forgot "%i" in "New Note %i"

To fix the header problem, please download one of the existing translations and have a look at the header. Also you could just download an existing translation and edit it. Then upload it as new translation.

If this does not work for you, I can create you an empty file, but I would prefer if you could try it yourself. This way we can get better data about how difficult it is to use transifex.net.

Thanks a lot

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Castello d'Argile (BO)
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Because of that transifex cannot directly write to the repository.
Does this have anything to do with the fact that the italian translations are now empty?

Not only my few test sentences are gone, but the previous translations as well.

Hi, my username is heinricci

The Following User Says Thank You to heinricci For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aboaboit View Post
Does this have anything to do with the fact that the italian translations are now empty?

Not only my few test sentences are gone, but the previous translations as well.
I guess I somehow screwed this up when manually updating the translations. It's difficult to play server

Should be fixed by now.

Originally Posted by heinricci View Post
Hi, my username is heinricci
Welcome on board and thanks for joining

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Istanbul, Turkey
My username is GeceBekcisi, count me in
|[ Maemo 5 101 / Maemo 5'e Giriş ][ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Sık Sorulan Sorular (SSS) ]|
If I can help with anything else, just ask / Yardımcı olabileceğim birşey varsa, sormaktan çekinmeyin

Originally Posted by gecebekcisi View Post
My username is GeceBekcisi, count me in
You're in! That makes 19 people now which is really awesome! Thanks

I'll process all updates tomorrow morning, so please don't worry if the stats won't instantly update. Thanks!

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Well... hmm.... I'm really sorry, but I didn't get anything.

The last half hour I spent with testing it again. I tried to change a couple of strings but always got the message that there are errors in the file and that I should run "msgfmt -c".
I did that and changed the header of the file to remove some warnings, but I still got the same error from transifex. After that I uploaded the German translation as Swedish translations. The upload went without problems, but then while translating I got the same error again. I tried the same with the French translation but with the same outcome.

After some more tests it turned out that I was making a mistake in my tests. I always translated the first string which is "New Note %i" to the string "Test". This triggers an error because I did not add the "%i" to the translated string. The problem is, that the transifex error message was totally generic without giving any hint what's wrong.

After including the "%i" everything worked again.

I'm not sure that this has anything to do with your problem, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

The Swedish translation is now mostly French with some test strings. Please try again to change something (one or two strings should be enough).

I really hope we get it working for you and I think we found something where transifex.net really needs to do better.
Okej, another try here.. I hope you got it this time?

I uploaded the Arabic translation but I don't know if I did that right or not .. I hope someone could conform the upload