Originally Posted by 412b View Post
Hmmm, I've got the output, never mind, it's not important now
Yep, it's the CPU load...
My load-applet shows 0-1%.
What items do you have turned on?
When i turn off the apm, python has 0% load

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
Can you provide output of installing via apt-get or Application Manager log?
Output from the Application Manager log is:
Code:
hildon-application-manager 2.1.19.1
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: xserver-xomap 1:1.3.99.0~git20070321-0osso20083801rotation
apt-worker:   /var/lib/apt/lists/qole.org_repository_dists_maemo_main_binary-armel_Packages
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: kernel-diablo-flasher 2.6.21-200842maemo1rotationfast
apt-worker:   /var/lib/apt/lists/qole.org_repository_dists_maemo_main_binary-armel_Packages
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: libxcomposite1 1:0.4.0-3
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: libxml2 2.6.27.dfsg-1.maemo1
apt-worker:   /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_diablo_free_binary-armel_Packages
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: libdb4.2 4.2.52+dfsg-2
apt-worker:   /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_diablo_free_binary-armel_Packages
I looked for a log file for the apt-install in /var/log but couldn't find anything there.

Posts: 160 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Greece-Athens
Regarding my problem, I noticed the new version of apm makes python to use 3 MB of RAM more than the old version. Is that normal or it 's because of my problem with high cpu usage? As about the last, what 's happening?

Originally Posted by gerstavros View Post
With emelfm2 i had looked to all directories and deleted everything related to apm. Now i don't remember where, but i think you ll be fine if you delete the folder on /etc/osso-af-init/gconf-dir/apps/
Once I uninstalled advanced-power, cleaned up the dir for advanced-power in apps and reinstalled using apt-get the icon reappeared. Looks like something in the gconf info can get corrupted and can cause problems...

Originally Posted by gerstavros View Post
With emelfm2 i had looked to all directories and deleted everything related to apm. Now i don't remember where, but i think you ll be fine if you delete the folder on /etc/osso-af-init/gconf-dir/apps/
Strangely I don't have a folder under /etc/osso-af-init/gconf-dir/apps for APM but perhaps I have a different issue to you as APM doesn't show as installed in the list of installed applications in Application Manager.

I do have a folder at /ect/apm but I assume that's not related to Advanced Power Manager as the time stamp is from back in April 2008.

I'll try re-installing.

Originally Posted by Fionn View Post
I'll try re-installing.
After attempting another install (without deleting anything from directories as I couldn't find anything to delete) the installer prompted me to reboot.
On reboot I saw the following which I've never seen before.

That then disappeared to be followed with another (automatic) boot which booted up fine and the AP icon appeared in the status bar.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i think i have deen that the last couple of times i have updated apm and said yes on the automated reboot question...

It seems that the application stopped detecting swap&swap use with latest update...

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Yes, I got that "Rescuing software update" thing when rebooting after updating APM. It scared me for a bit.

My Advanced Power Does not change icon type if it has been charging and I unplug it, or if battery is low and I plug it.
I am using GTK theme
Jakob

Tags
applet, battery, python, statusbar