Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Ghule View Post
I can check my N900 order. It still says "In Process" which would not bother me that much except I cancel my order on 10-22 and reordered from New Egg and today is 11-2. Haha.. doh.
I did the same thing yet it still says "In Progress" will have to call them back today to confirm.

How do you call it, whem someone makes you think something that he does not want to promise? It's a proven method to use only vague terms like may, can, and to let different sources say different things. So everybody hear from that what he wants to hear.
I do not expect the n900 to come before december. But of course, the resellers that had receipt your order would be foolish to tell you the truth, because they would risk that you cancel your order, and they might loose some of you for another product appearing meanwhile or they have to sell it for fallen prices later. I can understand that they let you hope that you can have the device within the next two weeks, and then again in the next two weeks...
And they say you, that you will have to wait far longer if you you cancel your order now. But would you have to expect that really?
I don't think so. If there are really no changes in hardware, only software improvement, Nokia has already produced huge amounts of the n900 that only wait for flashing new firmware and boxing. That means, that large amounts of the phone will appear in nearly any supermarket and prices may drop instantly.
If you could decide to cancel your orders, this would make Nokia consider to change their policy. As long as Nokia can play with your blind excitements, they can continue to take advantage of your impatience. Your lament is not really about Nokia but about yourself!

I think that Nokia must sell the N900 before Xmas to achieve good profits, regardless if there's still something to fix in the software. And they try to make a hype shortly before Xmas to sell a lot. It would not make sense for Nokia to put it on the market in November - as long as they can expect your orders to be safe and to keep the prices from dropping. So think about that. You will have time enough. It's your money too that you have to pay for your impatience.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
Originally Posted by meyma View Post
how do you call it, whem someone makes you think something that he does not want to promise? It's a proven method to use only vague terms like may, can, and to let different sources say different things. So everybody hear from that what he wants to hear.
I do not expect the n900 to come before december. But of course, the resellers that had receipt your order would be foolish to tell you the truth, because they would risk that you cancel your order, and they might loose some of you for another product appearing meanwhile or they have to sell it for fallen prices later. I can understand that they let you hope that you can have the device within the next two weeks, and then again in the next two weeks...
And they say you, that you will have to wait far longer if you you cancel your order now. But would you have to expect that really?
I don't think so. If there are really no changes in hardware, only software improvement, nokia has already produced huge amounts of the n900 that only wait for flashing new firmware and boxing. That means, that large amounts of the phone will appear in nearly any supermarket and prices may drop instantly.
If you could decide to cancel your orders, this would make nokia consider to change their policy. As long as nokia can play with your blind excitements, they can continue to take advantage of your impatience. Your lament is not really about nokia but about yourself!

I think that nokia must sell the n900 before xmas to achieve good profits, regardless if there's still something to fix in the software. And they try to make a hype shortly before xmas to sell a lot. It would not make sense for nokia to put it on the market in november - as long as they can expect your orders to be safe and to keep the prices from dropping. So think about that. You will have time enough. It's your money too that you have to pay for your impatience.
booooooooooooooooooooooooo

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
What will happen to this thread when the N900 actually ships? This is the thread that keeps on giving
We will make another tread.. ENJOYING N900 and would be interested interesting software&application for your N900.

And we are all checking that tread a couple times a day to say new update on the release that we never get. Instead of saying it will be out in 15 days we have to say int 2 weeks it will be out in 1 day. Does it seem shorter?

Last edited by JD2010; 2009-11-02 at 15:09.

Going to the Chicago N900 meet up tonight. I am hoping that they are set to sell the N900. I am not holding my breath. If I get one or learn more, I will post it here tonight (after 10:00 PM CST).

The Following User Says Thank You to zerobyproxy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 262 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Scotland
Just off the phone with Nokia UK as my account is still showing 2 devices even though i cancelled 1 of them a fortnight ago. Definately being shipped out on Monday (9th) he says when i asked about the release date.

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Originally Posted by zerobyproxy View Post
Going to the Chicago N900 meet up tonight. I am hoping that they are set to sell the N900. I am not holding my breath. If I get one or learn more, I will post it here tonight (after 10:00 PM CST).
thanks a lot will check you post

So does somebody have any info on Amazon UK and their even further 1 month delay till early December or should I simply order it directly through Nokia UK?

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Evry, France
Originally Posted by GunnerzMate View Post
So does somebody have any info on Amazon UK and their even further 1 month delay till early December or should I simply order it directly through Nokia UK?
Amazon UK ships the n900 two weeks after the date Nokia UK starts shipping. This means they will start shipping in the last week of Nov, so you will get it at the beginning of December (the latest).

Unfortunately I had to order it from Amazon, since Nokia UK doesn't ship outside the country and I live in France (AZERTY keyboard...yuck!).

My advice is to call Nokia UK and ask them if they will ship your order fast in case you purchase the n900 now. If they say they'll put you in a queue for not being among the first few who pre-ordered, then just wait a little longer and get it from Amazon.

Originally Posted by GunnerzMate View Post
My guess it right now they don't know when they'll get stock or how much - that's why it doesn't show up in search and why you can't preorder it anymore.

I have no reason to think they won't start shipping on the 15th like everyone else.

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange