Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
Hi,
in my SDK, I have telepathy-haze installed, as well as all rtcomm* and all account packages.

I can create new accounts for GoogleTalk, IRC, Jabber, MSN, Salut but not for Skype. The Skype option is simply not there.

Of course I can't start a new IM session for Skype either, nor I see the possiblity to add a Skype name to the contacts in the Contact list.
Probably there is a plugin missing, by the looks of it, on the frontend side, as I thought the backend should be covered by the telepathy-haze package.

Any idea what it might be ? I've been searching everywhere but the only references to anything Skype related I could find, I had installed already.

But I'm only human, and as I'm rather fresh to Maemo, I still need to learn a lot, that's for sure.

Thanks.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
I can create new accounts for GoogleTalk, IRC, Jabber, MSN, Salut but not for Skype. The Skype option is simply not there.
As a guess, being that the Skype bits in Maemo 5 are still closed source, they've been compiled for ARMEL only and can't be installed in the x86 target in the SDK.