Active Topics

man just one question for the mobilecity how can i choose it to be shipped to canda ? and can i receive it in 1 day shipment ? thanks

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by DaKing View Post
man just one question for the mobilecity how can i choose it to be shipped to canda ? and can i receive it in 1 day shipment ? thanks
After getting it from here ignore the first question about shipping and keep clicking proceed to checkout until you get the American/Canadian shipping (country) question. Should be the 2nd :-)

ok man thanks so much

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Question if the NEw Rogers 2100 mgz 3g band is 5 cities should the 3G on the N900 work for those cities? why not?

http://mobilesyrup.com/2009/09/14/vi...-announcement/

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Unless I'm mistaken, Rogers still only uses the 850/1900 bands for their 3G system. Some of their devices do support 2100 (such as the "ZTE MF 668 device" mentioned in JD2010's link), but that's only for international roaming, not for use on the Rogers network. So no, the N900 can not use 3G on any of the current 3G networks in Canada.

This all could change if Vidéotron, DAVE, Wind, or some other player actually launches an AWS network, or if Rogers/Telus/Bell start using their recently purchased 1700 spectrum, but there have been no announcements so far. I suspect we will see the "N920" or even a Maemo 6 device before this is truly resolved. Not that Nokia's even willing to sell the N900 in Canada, of course...

The Following User Says Thank You to TenSpeed For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Does AWS absolutely requires that Up/Down be seperated over 2 frequencies though?

And can it be in any order with any up/down ?

1700/2100 being different from 2100/1700...

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
Does AWS absolutely requires that Up/Down be seperated over 2 frequencies though?

And can it be in any order with any up/down ?

1700/2100 being different from 2100/1700...
Yes, you need two, one for up and one for down.

The Following User Says Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Sorry, but I'm kind of new to this and would like to use the N900 here in Canada.

Does anyone know what type of speeds the N900 will perform with WiFi as there will be no 3G service here in Canada?

Will WiFi be similar to 3G?

Thank you

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
paterlraj: WiFi works great on the N900. I get great download speeds when I'm on WiFi. Internet Radio and Skype sound great on WiFi.

EDGE (2.5G) on the N900 works, but it is similar in speed to a 56k modem.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Winnipeg, Canada
For anyone who's still wondering where AWS spectrum fits in to the bigger picture, have a look at the Phone Scoop article, "A Visual Guide to AWS".

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/a...hp?a=99&p=1493

It's written specifically about the USA market, but the frequencies and technology are essentially the same in Canada.

Tags
buy, canada, canadian, cost, n900, provider, providers, retailers, rogers, wind