Posts: 59 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gijon
Finally, I've mixed Spanish/English descriptions...

Enlaces útiles para nuevos miembros en la comunidad Maemo/Useful links for newcomers: Si eres nuevo, preséntate/say hello, Si eres nuevo empieza por aquí/start here, Foro de la Comunidad/Community subforum, Wiki para novatos/Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Preguntas habituales (FAQ)

Buscador personalizado/Google custom search

Tan solo pregunta/just ask!

The Following User Says Thank You to jsmanrique For This Useful Post:
I've been thinking about the idea of using Google Translate for some pages like FAQ:
Spanish FAQ, by Google

What do you think?

Enlaces útiles para nuevos miembros en la comunidad Maemo/Useful links for newcomers: Si eres nuevo, preséntate/say hello, Si eres nuevo empieza por aquí/start here, Foro de la Comunidad/Community subforum, Wiki para novatos/Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Preguntas habituales (FAQ)

The Following User Says Thank You to jsmanrique For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I think the mixed language option is brilliant. In a few days/weeks/months (!) there will be a bunch of new n900 owners out there looking for info, and not all of them will be fluent in English. Finding a 'greeter' fluent in your mother tongue to address anything urgent would be an absolute boon, and make you feel a whole lot more welcome.

(I had the idea about the PM link at about 1am but got beaten to the punchline. Now when I have an n900 on the bedside...)

Can I suggest the 'greeters page' needs to list what languages people speak (preferably in the language!) and what time zones they're in. If I have a dead n900 ("help! I bricked it!") I don't want to PM a greeter who says they speak English only to find they'll be asleep for the next 12 hours. It might even be in 'wiki' format, so individuals can put up if they're going to be aftk for a week.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Can I suggest the 'greeters page' needs to list what languages people speak (preferably in the language!) and what time zones they're in. If I have a dead n900 ("help! I bricked it!") I don't want to PM a greeter who says they speak English only to find they'll be asleep for the next 12 hours. It might even be in 'wiki' format, so individuals can put up if they're going to be aftk for a week.
Yes, that would be a great idea!

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Italy
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I'm in, too

Mi hai fregato sul tempo!!! comunque grazie per aver tradotto la firma in italiano!

Mattia

Toutes les informations utiles (pages encore en anglais) : Présentez-vous à la communauté , L'essentiel pour bien commencer, Débuter sur Maemo 4 (N800 - N810), Le Wiki sur Maemo 5 (N900), La FAQ, Le sous-forum dédié aux communautés

En cas de souci, n'hésitez pas à me poser vos questions!

----------------

Benvenuto! Se hai bisogno di aiuto, sono a disposizione.
Ecco dove iniziare (in inglese):

Presentazioni dei nuovi iscritti,Primi passi per nuovi iscritti, Wiki per chi inizia con Maemo 4 (N800 - N810), Wiki per chi inizia con Maemo 5 (N900), FAQ, Subforum della Comunità

In caso di dubbi o domande non esitare: contattami!

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Istanbul, Turkey
and here I am for Turkish support
|[ Maemo 5 101 / Maemo 5'e Giriş ][ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Sık Sorulan Sorular (SSS) ]|
If I can help with anything else, just ask / Yardımcı olabileceğim birşey varsa, sormaktan çekinmeyin

The Following User Says Thank You to gecebekcisi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Matyas View Post
Mi hai fregato sul tempo!!! comunque grazie per aver tradotto la firma in italiano!

Mattia

se sei interessato fallo anche tu il maemo greeter Italiano. piu' siamo meglio e' per la comunita'

Mi riferivo alla traduzione: penso che sia importante trovare il consensus su una firma standard per lingua.

Well, I was referring to the translation: I consider important to reach consensus on a standard signature per language. In this case, the proliferation could not be productive and helpful to the end user. What do you think?

All the best,
Mattia

Toutes les informations utiles (pages encore en anglais) : Présentez-vous à la communauté , L'essentiel pour bien commencer, Débuter sur Maemo 4 (N800 - N810), Le Wiki sur Maemo 5 (N900), La FAQ, Le sous-forum dédié aux communautés

----------------

Presentazioni dei nuovi iscritti,Primi passi per nuovi iscritti, Wiki per chi inizia con Maemo 4 (N800 - N810), Wiki per chi inizia con Maemo 5 (N900), FAQ, Subforum della Comunità

Voilà: the translation in French (see the attachment)

comments and corrections are welcome!

All the best
Matyas
Attached Files
File Type: txt french.txt (791 Bytes, 96 views)

----------------

Last edited by Matyas; 2009-11-05 at 09:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matyas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
what about making a poll about what should be included in the signature? or is there better way to decide what is needed and what not?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search