Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2006
#11
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Could you please do the following in an xterm (as user, not root):

dpkg -S `which perl`
(note backticks)
This will tell the name of the package it belongs to.
says perl-base: /usr/bin/perl
 
Posts: 3,841 | Thanked: 1,076 times | Joined on Nov 2006
#12
Originally Posted by aflegg View Post
It's /usr/bin/perl, but not part of any installed package according to dpkg on my N800.
Maybe it's a symlink? If so then the file it's symlinked to should be the one belonging to a package.. (otherwise it's difficult to see how it could be on the device, it would have had to be cp'ed in manually)

Thanks for looking into it!

EDIT: Just read rattis' post.. apparently it belongs to a package called perl-base, I guess I'll just have to go searching/googling for it. It's not in any of the repos I have installed.
__________________
N800/OS2007|N900/Maemo5
-- Metalayer-crawler delenda est.
-- Current state: Fed up with everything MeeGo.
 
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2006
#13
It looks like I'm not the only one that has this. If it helps, here is the list of packages I have installed.

becomeroot, camera, canola, fbreader-maemo2, fmradio, iphome, less, libenca0,libpcap0.8, load-applet, ncurses-base, osso-xterm, pwsafe, statusbarclock, ttf-bitstream-vera, and lastly vim.

compare them to yours, and see if they match. Maybe one of the packages installed it, maybe it didn't.

another option might be to try apt-get install perl as root. (do at your own risk).

edit: I forgot SSH is also installed (not drop bear).

Last edited by rattis; 2007-02-27 at 14:42. Reason: forgot ssh
 
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2006
#14
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
EDIT: Just read rattis' post.. apparently it belongs to a package called perl-base, I guess I'll just have to go searching/googling for it. It's not in any of the repos I have installed.
Thing is, I didn't install perl-base. Now I wish I had thought to look before installing things.
 
Posts: 3,841 | Thanked: 1,076 times | Joined on Nov 2006
#15
I may have to ask you for your repository list, actually. (/etc/apt/sources.list)
With that one it should be possible to figure out where perl-base comes from. But I'm going to look around a bit by myself first, there was a thread with lots of repos and there's also that search trick posting by someone a while ago -- going to try that.
__________________
N800/OS2007|N900/Maemo5
-- Metalayer-crawler delenda est.
-- Current state: Fed up with everything MeeGo.
 
rcull's Avatar
Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
#16
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I may have to ask you for your repository list, actually. (/etc/apt/sources.list)
With that one it should be possible to figure out where perl-base comes from. But I'm going to look around a bit by myself first, there was a thread with lots of repos and there's also that search trick posting by someone a while ago -- going to try that.
I also have perl-base installed and dont know where it came from but the uninstall tab in app manager says adduser 3.51 needs it. I cant remember installing that either!!!

Rick
 
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2006
#17
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I may have to ask you for your repository list, actually. (/etc/apt/sources.list)
I'll run a cat and pipe it to a text file tonight, and then cut and paste it. It'll have to wait until I get home though.
 
Posts: 3,841 | Thanked: 1,076 times | Joined on Nov 2006
#18
Originally Posted by rcull View Post
I also have perl-base installed and dont know where it came from but the uninstall tab in app manager says adduser 3.51 needs it. I cant remember installing that either!!!

Rick
Aha.. it must definitely be from a 770 repository then. Adduser 3.51 and Perl 5.8.3 are in maemo 2.2 as far as I can tell. So, 2.2 is 'gregale', is it?

Edit: Found perl debs in http://repository.maemo.org/pool/gregale/free/p/perl/
I'm going to try to install some of this.. there doesn't seem to be perl packages for bora.
__________________
N800/OS2007|N900/Maemo5
-- Metalayer-crawler delenda est.
-- Current state: Fed up with everything MeeGo.

Last edited by TA-t3; 2007-02-27 at 18:36.
 
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2006
#19
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Aha.. it must definitely be from a 770 repository then. Adduser 3.51 and Perl 5.8.3 are in maemo 2.2 as far as I can tell. So, 2.2 is 'gregale', is it?

Edit: Found perl debs in http://repository.maemo.org/pool/gregale/free/p/perl/
I'm going to try to install some of this.. there doesn't seem to be perl packages for bora.
I just looked through my repositories, but I don't have that one.
 
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2006
#20
#maemo:name Nokia Catalogue
#maemo:essential
deb http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/certified/ bora user
#maemo:name Nokia Catalogue (3rd party software)
deb http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/non-certified/ bora user
#maemo:name FbReader
deb http://only.mawhrin.net/fbreader/maemo bora user
#maemo:name maemo-hackers
deb http://maemo-hackers.org/apt bora main
#maemo:name mg
deb http://mg.pov.lt/770 bora user other
#maemo:name repository.maemo.org
deb http://repository.maemo.org/ bora free non-free
#maemo:name Canola
deb http://openbossa.indt.org/canola/repository-beta2/bora bora user
#maemo:name Becomeroot
deb http://eko.one.pl/maemo/ mistral user
#maemo:name MUlliNER.ORG Maemo Software (Maemo 3.x)
deb http://www.mulliner.org/nokia770/repository/ bora free
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:06.