I fixed a catastrophic window creation bug.
Attached Files
File Type: gz yabasic.tar.gz (147.7 KB, 63 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by texaslabrat View Post
fortran's been in gcc main for a long time..dunno if the maemo port includes it though. And I've got a lot of hours logged in good ol' f77 too...I actually quite like the structured, "deterministic" feel of it. But I was an engineering student, not a computer science major...so it was usually about making a program to find out something we were actually interested in...ie a means to an end. Fortran was beautiful for that (after the punch card era was dead and buried, that is).
I was mainly using it to crunch graphics matrix data so was great, the problem was that DEC and PRIME couldn't agree to impliment the language in the same manner. Our flight sim control machines were using PRIME and we had to use a DEC for development: hence the pain! lol.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by dormant View Post
I spent my formattive years on FORTRAN. Also dropped an entire tray of cards with my program once. Wasted a lot of time getting FORTRAN IV to sort strings.
Do you remember the major innovation of changing from cardboard to using plastic for op programmes though? lol

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Hey lcuk, what am I looking at with the 2nd link?
I see it's Visual Basic 6 and custom controls but how does this apply to lcuk's liqbase project?

Originally Posted by dormant View Post
Sorry for any ignorance, but isn't fortran now part of gcc, so maybe it already exists for the Nxx0 tablets?
gfortran, unfortunately, isn't compatible with FORTRAN 77 anymore. It's Fortran 95/2003. It will compile some '77 code, but there's much code that won't. And g77 has been decommissioned and isn't usually part of distros anymore.

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
gfortran, unfortunately, isn't compatible with FORTRAN 77 anymore. It's Fortran 95/2003. It will compile some '77 code, but there's much code that won't. And g77 has been decommissioned and isn't usually part of distros anymore.
g77 is installable on Ubuntu Hardy via apt-get /shrug.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by Munk View Post
I see it's Visual Basic 6 and custom controls but how does this apply to lcuk's liqbase project?
watch the video i linked. the presentation i fly through is directly loaded from the vb project files at runtime, that vb project is stored as data on the n900.

ive also got another method for using vb projects in liqbase as well.
i have a vb addin on the windows side which will create a liqbase project complete with converted forms and custom usercontrols and ui and buttons and stuff all laid out and coded in c which includes a package and everything needed to create a basic standalone liqbase project.

its a shame right now it doesnt know how to bring in any basic code or to get the stuff out of .frx files (images) and it needs tinkering with afterwards, but its so close to being really simple to get a project started with liqbase
its very minimal in what it knows as well, it needs more work to deal with the other standard controls.

but it works, i just make a new project, play around laying out stuff based on a few preset vb form templates, and produce the skeleton code required to be filled in.

@lcuk

So, just to make sure I'm getting it. This liqbase skeleton/template C code is created using VB on a Windows box?

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
@lcuk

So, just to make sure I'm getting it. This liqbase skeleton/template C code is created using VB on a Windows box?
BTW, congrats, daperl -- you just hit 1000 posts. How will you celebrate?

Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
BTW, congrats, daperl -- you just hit 1000 posts. How will you celebrate?
Whoa, sure enough. How will I celebrate? Well duh, I'm gonna go streaking.

Have a good one!