Active Topics

Poll: Which Country will get it first
Poll Options
Which Country will get it first

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Winnipeg, Canada
I'm not certain there's even an official N900 seller in Canada (sorry, Expansys.ca, that's just drop-shipping). I doubt we'll get it first.

Regardless, I vote for Canada (just like R-R). The improbability makes it cool.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
hmm each country as its own parliament that makes them countries to me and it's not only football that we compete seperatle in theres many other sports.
we are also recognised as separate countries in the common wealth.
well, every austrian state has it's own parliament. that's just the federal system. (in the UK it's called "unitary state", but very similar to a federal system.)

and the commonwealth doesn't really qualify as "international law" either, it's just a loose combination of former english colonies. it's up to london to say who's on it in what role.

edit:
btw, does anyone know a good translation of the german word "Völkerrecht" ?
"international law" seems so generic...

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by allmine1976 View Post
The uk is not a country - england , scotland , wales and northern ireland together make up the uk but seperately we are individual countries .
and UK is much more then you think and you are from the UK...
the legal term includes just those 4 but the administrative UK includes many more, that scotland finaly says its independent fine but just regarding the UK gov, nothing else

I had history class in west yorkshire a while ago... they where blaming everything on germany while it wasnt even close to effects.. germany had exactly the same problems for the same reasons, so did many other (and I am not talking about WW2),

end of class

nope.

"While "countries" is the commonly used descriptive term, owing to the a lack of a formal British constitution, and the protracted and complex history of the formation of the United Kingdom, the countries of the UK have no 'official' appellation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countri...United_Kingdom
true

its so disappointing to see that "truth" depends on the country when it comes to blame someone

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Southend On Sea , Uk
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
well, every austrian state has it's own parliament. that's just the federal system. (in the UK it's called "unitary state", but very similar to a federal system.)

and the commonwealth doesn't really qualify as "international law" either, it's just a loose combination of former english colonies. it's up to london to say who's on it in what role.
So what your saying is I'm uk ish not english .

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
subcore knows more about the UK than us natives, so we cant win b/c he knows all.
btw chemist don't turn this into a UK v Germany thread who cares both was power hungry states what got there comeuppance, both lost there empires through it too.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Why are you all diverting from the OP's question? Rather than arguing what is what, just try guessing if you don't know the answer to his question...

I must guess, UK is getting theirs first because nokiaUSA still says "End of November" on their site. This is just my guess.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
subcore knows more about the UK than us natives, so we cant win b/c he knows all.
i'm just interested in politics
and it doesn't do any harm knowing a little more about your own country

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
i'm just interested in politics
and it doesn't do any harm knowing a little more about your own country
your superior knowledge is so good you failed with your first post about it quoting the official name which was wrong

Oh Good God - do we really need another thread along these lines?
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Why are you all diverting from the OP's question? Rather than arguing what is what, just try guessing if you don't know the answer to his question...

I must guess, UK is getting theirs first because nokiaUSA still says "End of November" on their site. This is just my guess.
Well... NokiaUSA is slow to update their site... besides I ordered from NewEgg to save some dosh.