Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by sw01 View Post
Callback number censored. Gizmo5 on my n800 is reporting the "callbacks" as missed.
That to me suggests its some kind of Gizmo / GoogleVoice problem and not Dialcentral. I actually can't even use my Gizmo account for odd reasons and end up using sipgate (I think).

Originally Posted by ericcmi View Post
Re: Dialcentral 1.0.7-14

I installed this package on Debian Lenny. It works wonderfully even though I cannot seem to track down these packages:
dialcentral depends on python-osso | python2.5-osso; however:
Package python-osso is not installed.
Package python2.5-osso is not installed.
dialcentral depends on python-hildon | python2.5-hildon; however:
Package python-hildon is not installed.
Package python2.5-hildon is not installed.
Does anyone know if these are available?

I was really hopeful that the taskbar icon / notifications would work in debian, but they do not.

The notification option is totally grey'd out.

Would this work if I had these missing packages?

If not, do you think I could twist your arm Mr. Developer to add support for this on debian? I'm sure all of the ubuntu users would love this as well.

Thanks in advance, and i love DC on my n800.
eric
About getting packages specifically for Debian-based systems, see bug 6103.

As for some of the packages: python-hildon, python-osso, python-alarm (in the Fremantle packages) are all Maemo specific packages. Notification support is built on top of a Maemo specific architecture. It could possibly be adapted to the desktop using upstart/cron/whatever. If you want, file another bug on that.

I think you might prefer my longer term strategy which is to make a telepathy connection manager, called The One Ring, that could allow you to use your IM program to do all of this.

Epage,
I think you are the hardest working developer on this site(really don't know if that is true or not). You are super helpful with everyone. Also I've seen you answer the same question over and over with out getting short with anyone. You rock!!
By the way I love this app. I am over here in China for a while and am using my NIT tethered through my cell all day. It is super cheap but slow. To slow to talk on Gizmo so I have Gizmo forward my calls to my China cell. Only 2 cents a minute. Using DC (for SMS and calling out) and Gizmo's call forwarding, communication is like I'm still back in the states. This app rocks...I love the finger friendliness of it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icbolsh For This Useful Post:
I just promoted 1.0.8-5 to Diablo Extras and Fremantle Extras-Testing.

If you have an n900, please go and vote on it

• Sped up login time by delay loading contact list
  • Ability to narrow down messages either by type or status
  • Fremantle: Notification Support including testing of custom notifications
  • UI Tweak: Cut down the number of times the login dialog is needlessly displayed
  • Bug Fix: Switching to accounts tab when callback is blank
  • Debugging: Log contents now accessible through Ctrl+l

Last edited by epage; 2009-11-21 at 00:57.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the update! I've been waiting for one. Not that the app needs improvement, I just love how much more functional it becomes with each release.
** Would it be possible to implement the "narrow down" function to your call log. Example Missed calls, dialed calls, received - implemented exactly how you did for the messages tab? I've also been trying to think of a way to have DC load up full screen and have the ability to close it without having to re-size it. An exit button on each tab seems overkill and the area to place it I cant figure out either. I love having the app full screen and while changing it manually isn't that bit of a deal, having it full screen and a simple way to close it would be ideal to me. Keep the updates coming! Your application is the only thing I keep the N810 for. I am very close to selling it and "upgrading" to an Archos 5 android but fear I will miss all the wonderful features of DC!

Originally Posted by mrdally204 View Post
Thanks for the update! I've been waiting for one. Not that the app needs improvement, I just love how much more functional it becomes with each release.
Sorry things have been slowing down. As you can tell from my signature I've been taking on some extra load, plus real life. I am wanting to slow down development so I can get back to The One Ring since I feel that has the more promise in the long run.

** Would it be possible to implement the "narrow down" function to your call log. Example Missed calls, dialed calls, received - implemented exactly how you did for the messages tab?
Sounds like a good idea, mind filing me an enhancement request?

I've also been trying to think of a way to have DC load up full screen and have the ability to close it without having to re-size it. An exit button on each tab seems overkill and the area to place it I cant figure out either. I love having the app full screen and while changing it manually isn't that bit of a deal, having it full screen and a simple way to close it would be ideal to me.
With quicknote, I have it remember if it was fullscreen the last time you ran it. You can toggle fullscreen with the full screen button (n8x0 devices) and with Ctrl+Enter on both apps. I could make Dialcentral remember if it was full screen or not. On an n8x0 device you can close an app by clicking on the task switcher button and closing it from the menu. I do that a lot. The equivalent for the n900 is to hit Ctrl+Backspace and close it from the switcher. I could add a Ctrl+q or Ctrl+w key combo to also close it. Thoughts?

If you think that would be a good way to implement your idea, go ahead and file an enhancement request. If you instead want to talk about it more, then thats fine.

Keep the updates coming! Your application is the only thing I keep the N810 for. I am very close to selling it and "upgrading" to an Archos 5 android but fear I will miss all the wonderful features of DC!
As much as I'd love for people to stick with Maemo since its the community that makes it great, I believe Android has GoogleVoice apps. I don't know how they compare though. I think Google made one integrated in, but I don't know if that works with SIP or just cell service.

Archos would concern me about how much they might lock it down though.

On Fremantle if you do notification support it acts like the regular notification system? E.g. it'll do visual alerts on the display and make a sound?

Any chance on making a Diablo version that has a user selectable audio file that triggers when a new message is found?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
On Fremantle if you do notification support it acts like the regular notification system? E.g. it'll do visual alerts on the display and make a sound?

Any chance on making a Diablo version that has a user selectable audio file that triggers when a new message is found?
1.0.8 should have notification support on Fremantle. I currently have it setup to act the same as on Diablo.

There is a bug already filed for adding sound to Dialcentral alerts. Another can be filed about cleaning up alerts in general to be more like email alerts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Arizona
I see you've been getting quite a few requests lately, but there is one thing that's been bugging me a little.

When creating an SMS to someone, and it is longer than the screen is (horizontally), a scroll bar shows up instead of the message going down to the next line, so that I have to scroll over to see what I typed.

Thanks

I can't seem to install this on my N900. Every time I try to install through the file I download from the download section, I keep getting this message:

Unable to download "dialcentral"
Application package not found.

Also, I do have maemo extra enabled.