Active Topics

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Moley View Post
Could it... just could it be that someone on the engineering side, software side or even a supplier of a component part caused the delay. Heaven forbid! And what if they were unable to say exactly when the issue would be rectified... how is Peter going to magic the right day out of his behind just for little ol' you??? Imagine your furious anger if he guessed at a date and was wrong.
From what the summit participants have said (and, I think from what Peter himself said), there were some software issues. Not exactly horrible to people who don't mind rough edges, but there's a -lot- of interest in the N900 outside of that niche, so to me, it always made sense to delay it and polish the initial release up to not get egg on their faces.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by zfarooq View Post
You: now for the million $ question, when oh when will it ship?
Davis: It has already begun shipping.
You: what?
Davis: It will arrive within 3 - 5 business days.
You: will arrive within 3-5 days to customer or to your distrubution?
Davis: To customer.
You: thats awesome
Davis: Yes! Did you order already?
You: is that nokia only or others like Amazon etc
Davis: I don't know about others, but Nokia has begun shippin git.
Davis: shipping it**
You: all righ thank you very much or ur help
Davis: No problem! Have a great day.
Davis: Thank you for visiting NokiaUSA and chatting with us today. We value your feedback. Please click the “Close” button at the top right to answer a few questions about your experience with us.
as I said... i talked yesterday with nokia germany and i was told, that i (think all direct nokia customers) will get it 'til friday... (i have express shipping...)

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Chanse Arrington sales manager for North America just posted this on twitter
"First official shipment of N900s going to the US went out yesterday. http://twitpic.com/p4b30 "

Last edited by NvyUs; 2009-11-11 at 17:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester UK
UK please................!

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
"First official shipment of N900s going to the US went out yesterday. http://twitpic.com/p4b30"
Boy, I hope they don't run into pirates or something along the way.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
as I said... i talked yesterday with nokia germany and i was told, that i (think all direct nokia customers) will get it 'til friday... (i have express shipping...)
i wrote to nokia.de yesterday and they told me they will not start shipping until 25.11

any changes at your order status?
(mine says "still not shipped")

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Wolverhampton
Anyone got a link to the page where it states MPD are selling N900's sim free?

I cant find it?

Can we move this thread to off-topic? We have seriously gotten off the point and all of this is has become absolutely useless. Start your flame wars in the provided spaces on the forum and save some us our time that we wasted reading something unrelated to the topic.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toratoko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by mak View Post
i wrote to nokia.de yesterday and they told me they will not start shipping until 25.11

any changes at your order status?
(mine says "still not shipped")
i was told, that the date of 25.11. is just a placeholder and just not changed yet. also that the direct customers (nokia.de preorders) will get it first, then the nokia certified shops, then the redistributors..

(Bestellung wurde noch nicht ausgeliefert., too)

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
"First official shipment of N900s going to the US went out yesterday. http://twitpic.com/p4b30 "
Any estimations on how long it will take to arrive in the warehouses, taken off the pallets, individually boxed, labeled, and shipped?