Active Topics

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by rewt View Post
I have a good feeling about Nokia USA shipping early this coming week... they currently have 2x my order total on hold - one on 11/12 and another on 11/13. This is not the norm, and I have never seen it previously. I'm guessing one is the normal weekly hold, another is the hold for the charge authorization.
If that's the case it is a dumb way of processing your order, that means $1,400 in authorizations to buy a single product? Doesn't make sense, successful authorizations can be captured into a charge without doing a separate auth.

They're both going to disappear, they did the same thing to my chase account, the first one disappeared and I believe this second one is about to at 4am est also.

Originally Posted by rewt View Post
I have a good feeling about Nokia USA shipping early this coming week... they currently have 2x my order total on hold - one on 11/12 and another on 11/13. This is not the norm, and I have never seen it previously. I'm guessing one is the normal weekly hold, another is the hold for the charge authorization.

The Following User Says Thank You to toratoko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
could you give me a few reasons to go on a holiday to the maldives? (best information comes first hand)
I am not sure I am the right source for this cause I would be biased hehe.. anyhoo if you have the money, choose a resort run by larger international hotel chain also don't come in the rainy season (now its rainy). As for the reasons, its quite, the beaches are nice, and if you are a diver, underwater reefs are worth a visit in some areas and if you ain't a diver, you could always get a ride in a submarine (make sure the water is not murky). Most of the resorts are pretty well designed and comfy and private, I suggest a water bungalow (with glass on the floor hehe) and some resorts have underwater restaurents n SPAs. Last but not least, one of the telcos do provide a data plan only SIM for your N900 and most of the resorts have WiFi everywhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to nashith For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
If that's the case it is a dumb way of processing your order, that means $1,400 in authorizations to buy a single product? Doesn't make sense, successful authorizations can be captured into a charge without doing a separate auth.
Generally, yes. My order is supposedly on an "old" ordering system, so it's very likely it will be processed in an unusual way. Another possibility is that the weekly authorization that they've been doing is separate of normal billing, in such a way that the two processes aren't involved or aware of what happens in the other (i.e. weekly batch job to blindly authorization all queued orders, then when order enters the fulfillment stage it is individually authorized/charged unaware of any other successful authorizations). Who knows. It's definitely new and different, and makes me suspect something is going to happen. I can say for certain that I have almost $1450 tied up by Nokia at the moment.

Last edited by rewt; 2009-11-15 at 03:32.

Interesting trend...

Thread starts off with controversy about the shipment to distributors/retailers.
Now it's the controversy on how Nokia charge cards and the order of pre-orders going out.
Next, controversy on delivery companies?

The Following User Says Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Stupid question - but what day did Nokia USA begin offering preorders?

I got my preorder in on ::
#
# Order Placed: 09/08/2009 11:43:01 AM

I called last week and was told they were going out to people who preordered before me.

Thanks.
Don't believe what they say on the phone. The salespeople don't know what is happening with N900.

hi iv been to shops in wolverhampton and phone shops saying they havnt received an release date. im guessing only place is online then? i just wondering how is the vodafone contract like can you upgrade during ur contract ect ect

What was the last anyone heard of MPD and when? Last I heard they were going to start sending them out on the 16th. Is this still the case?

My order status still says "pending stock" annoyingly! I hope it goes straight to "dispatched" tomorrow *crosses fingers*.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hannover, Germany
Its quite interesting that nokia.de translate every press release nearly just-in-time. But the N900 shipping message has still not reached
http://www.nokia.de/nokia/presseloft

As there are for the N900 different keyboard layouts and different SKU for the different regions I think I still have to wait 2-4 weeks before I get my device.

In Germany the status is still unreleased, preorders possible, shipping maybe starts at Nov 25. But nobody really knows anything.

Bye

Thorsten

Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
What was the last anyone heard of MPD and when? Last I heard they were going to start sending them out on the 16th. Is this still the case?

My order status still says "pending stock" annoyingly! I hope it goes straight to "dispatched" tomorrow *crosses fingers*.
i believe so they told me 16/17th mine also says pending stock hopefully that will change tomorow