Active Topics

Amazon does 30 days money back no questions asked.
If you really want to see the differences, you could order a HD2 off Amazon, do all the tests you want for 30 days then send it back and get a full refund.

Remember to get it directly from Amazon though, not through the 'sellers'

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Diego, CA, USA
No matter how pretty WinMo is made, you still cannot hide the fact that its still WinMo underneath. I would have purchased the HD2 if it were something like Android. Although Maemo > Android

Erm... what are you guys mumbling about. Its not even real multitasking; most of the applications are paused when you exit them. Take bounce as an example, the game pauses when you exit it. Also I have yet to see a video of n900 running youtube without it stuttering. I would like to see a video overviewing all multiple tasks without them being paused.... Put 4 youtubes at the same time lol... forget it guys.

The mouse pointer seems to be poor aswell, seems hard to use.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
(NTSC is 720 x 480, PAL is 720 x 576, both are interlaced).
PAL signal is also interlaced??? Source please.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Originally Posted by solpete View Post
Take bounce as an example, the game pauses when you exit it.
Thank god, I don't want the game to keep running and ending with a big "GAME OVER" after I get back to it from a call.. hehe.. I do see it rendering the game even if you left it.. but its paused by design.

The Following User Says Thank You to nashith For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
Erm... what are you guys mumbling about. Its not even real multitasking; most of the applications are paused when you exit them. Take bounce as an example, the game pauses when you exit it. Also I have yet to see a video of n900 running youtube without it stuttering. I would like to see a video overviewing all multiple tasks without them being paused.... Put 4 youtubes at the same time lol... forget it guys.

please don't take this the wrong way

but are you being stupid on purpose?

i just want to know

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Erm... what are you guys mumbling about. Its not even real multitasking; most of the applications are paused when you exit them.
That is most definitely not the case. The applications that DO pause do it for two reasons: a) to conserve battery, b) to conserve a state (like the game example from other posts) on an interruption.

Also I have yet to see a video of n900 running youtube without it stuttering.
A big problem here is network caused delay. As funny as it may seem, my N900 stutters noticeably when there is FAST connection, my guess is that dowloading also uses the CPU, leaving less CPU for the actual playback. If you wait for the loading to finish, it's quite ok.

Put 4 youtubes at the same time lol... forget it guys.
4 Youtubes at the same time stutter even on my 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo. Not sure about your point.

You mean stylus ?

Originally Posted by UCOMM View Post
please don't take this the wrong way

but are you being stupid on purpose?

i just want to know
What part did you not understand? I could be wrong, since i actually dont own a n900, but from what i've seen you wont be able to actually RUN two youtubes at the same time. That is not hearing both audio outputs while watching one of them or to be able to watch both of them simultainously in the application overview. This you can do in desktop windows and that is real multitasking.

That is most definitely not the case. The applications that DO pause do it for two reasons: a) to conserve battery, b) to conserve a state (like the game example from other posts) on an interruption.
This is a clever choice indeed, but what if I want to multitask? Which was really my point. It does not multitask.

A big problem here is network caused delay. As funny as it may seem, my N900 stutters noticeably when there is FAST connection, my guess is that dowloading also uses the CPU, leaving less CPU for the actual playback. If you wait for the loading to finish, it's quite ok.
So if you cant download at high speeds at the same time as watching, how are you supposed to be able to multitask? Also, what do you mean by quite ok? It in the eye of the beholder but any stuttering would irritate me. Specially if I want to enjoy a movie (Ive seen that even divx quality video stutters on n900)

4 Youtubes at the same time stutter even on my 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo. Not sure about your point.
It doesnt on my x2 3800+

You mean stylus ?
I actually take this back, I think its great to have the option to produce the small mousepointer :P

Last edited by solpete; 2009-11-15 at 12:51.

This is a clever choice indeed, but what if I want to multitask? Which was really my point. It does not multitask.

So if you cant download at high speeds at the same time as watching, how are you supposed to be able to multitask? Also, what do you mean by quite ok? It in the eye of the beholder but any stuttering would irritate me. Specially if I want to enjoy a movie (Ive seen that even divx quality video stutters on n900)

It doesnt on my x2 3800+

You mean stylus ? I actually take this back, I think its great to have the option to produce the small mousepointer :P
more poppycock.
youtube videos seem to stutter for the first few seconds on current firmware, but after than runs totally smoothly. As for video/div x show me a video where this is the case.

As I mentioned - youtube/the browser fully multitasks, as does bounce, as does the Mp3 player - tell me that isnt multitasking - this isnt a iphone mate. All you need to do is look at a youtube video to corroborate this, why are you bothering,